• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF Diamond Drive

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
riding today and my spedo shut off, all of the sudden i wasnt transfering any power to the track, heard some clunking, track locked up. I started it back up about 10 minutes later and and all of the sudden the 05 M7 has reverese
haha towed it back, I opened up my dd and it looks like the catch pan from a drill press, havent pulled it completely apart but wtf? my guess is a seal went out. has anybody had any problems like this?
thanks
AJ

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
oh and i forgot to ask why the f$%^ does it go in reverse??????

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
when you opened it up was there any fluid left in it? I have to add some occasionally as I get some blow out the vented bolt that holds the secondary on. I learned it the hard way too.

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
it was tough to tell if there was fluid left, due to all of the shavings

R
Nov 28, 2007
Enumclaw Wa.
riding today and my spedo shut off, all of the sudden i wasnt transfering any power to the track, heard some clunking, track locked up. I started it back up about 10 minutes later and and all of the sudden the 05 M7 has reverese
haha towed it back, I opened up my dd and it looks like the catch pan from a drill press, havent pulled it completely apart but wtf? my guess is a seal went out. has anybody had any problems like this?
thanks
AJ

When was the last time it was serviced ? Still need to service ALL act drives EVERY year ! Fresh fluid every year and inspect equals no problems they only hold 3 oz of fluid. :)

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
When was the last time it was serviced ? Still need to service ALL act drives EVERY year ! Fresh fluid every year and inspect equals no problems they only hold 3 oz of fluid. :)

Not trying to change the topic but an FYI on the oil:

04-06 Diamond Drive 3oz
BDX Diamond Lite Drive 4oz
07-08 Diamond Drive w/Reverse 12oz
09 Diamond Drive (engine reverse) 15oz

Mike
BDX

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
BDX

15oz for the 09 DD on M cats, the largest bottle I saw offered on your web site was 12oz which I ordered from ya. Are you saying I need to now get a 3oz bottle too?

S
Dec 16, 2007
Hayden, ID
Ok so I have an 05 F7..I can see where to drain, but not where I can refill?

We have a 05 m7 that had no fill plug either, it had a spot where it was suppose to be. So we took it apart and drilled and tapped a fill plug. Works great.(The 06 m7 we own has the same location of the fill plug) good luck

S
Jan 27, 2009
OR
Ok so I have an 05 F7..I can see where to drain, but not where I can refill?

0. Warm up the diamond drive a little by running the sled.
1. Place rags under drain bolt.
2. Undo drain bolt.
3. Tip sled on its left side to completely drain. (trick that the local shop guys taught me - doesn't hurt the sled and saves a lot of time)
4. Tip sled on its right side.
5. Refill the diamond drive thru the "drain" hole.
6. Tighten the drain bolt.

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
Not trying to change the topic but an FYI on the oil:

04-06 Diamond Drive 3oz
BDX Diamond Lite Drive 4oz
07-08 Diamond Drive w/Reverse 12oz
09 Diamond Drive (engine reverse) 15oz

Mike
BDX
Mike is your bdx dd for m7 lighter than the stock dd?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
BDX lite is basically the 05-06 drive with the back half to fit in place of reverse drive but has their better gears.

Premium Features