• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will they total my 09 700?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I've got (or had) an 09 700 RMK 155 with 500 miles on it, completely bone stock with an SLP can. My wife decided to punch a tree at 25 mph and took out the front bumber, the hood, maybe the bellypan, the tunnel/bulkhead and the intake mesh vent. I didn't know until today that these were not a bulkhead seperated from the tunnel type chassis and if you replaced one, it comes with the other. Just curious with an $80 per hr shop rate if the sled is totaled or not or if anyone has similar experience?

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I've got (or had) an 09 700 RMK 155 with 500 miles on it, completely bone stock with an SLP can. My wife decided to punch a tree at 25 mph and took out the front bumber, the hood, maybe the bellypan, the tunnel/bulkhead and the intake mesh vent. I didn't know until today that these were not a bulkhead seperated from the tunnel type chassis and if you replaced one, it comes with the other. Just curious with an $80 per hr shop rate if the sled is totaled or not or if anyone has similar experience?

I'm willing to bet it is totalled.

I hit a tree with my 05 900 50th 166 in 06, cracked the shock tower, broke the plastic nose and hood and bent the tunnel at the bulkhead and it was totalled out.

How much is the buy back, do you know?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
No idea on the buy back. I didn't realize until last night that the tunnel/bulkhead was one piece and it's $1000 and the hood is almost 700 bumper is another 100 and who knows how much little stuff and labor.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
It might be worth it to buy it back and fix it yourself (might be cheaper pending on the price of parts). If you are able to do the work yourself.

I think the buy back on my 900 at the time was around 13-15% of the value.

I bought it back from the insurance company, the title never exchanged hands so it was never deamed a salvaged title. I rebuilt it and sold it to a buddy and it still runs awesome to this day. Considering Polaris discontinued the 700, somebody might beinterested in buying it from you.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
$4100 in parts and labor. It didn't total it, but I think I'll try to do the work myself and save some cash so that I can do a set of CR boards and some suspension.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
The last time that happened to me I got an estimate from the Dealer and it was $2500 (edge chassis bent tunnel). My insurance company gave me the option of where to send the check so I had them make it out to me and I fixed it myself. I think it ended up costing me zero out of my pocket.

Premium Features