• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will Polaris extend warranty due to stop ride order on 2022 sleds??

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Just wondering if Polaris will be stepping up and extending warranty on sleds that are affected by the stop ride. If a person only has 1 year warranty and the stop ride without a fix eats up 3-5 months of the warranty period Polaris at a minimum should extend the warranty for the same amount of time that was lost. It's very doubtful they will offer any compensation for missed trips or lost riding. Extending the warranty would be a good way to compensate owners and try to rebuild some of the poor relationships they've created with their customers. I don't believe this would be an unreasonable ask given the delays in recall resolutions and parts availability. Come on Polaris step up and restore the faith!!!

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Hell yeah they should it's a bunch of crap got my sleds late last year and can't ride them this year what a joke.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
In fairness, the warranty starts the month you take delivery. But yeah, late arrivals just suck all the balls.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
They said in the video that the situation was "unacceptable." but they didn't say what any repercussions, reimbursements or compensation were. Maybe they will reveal after all the sleds are out. There again maybe just hoping everyone will forget they said that.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
You'll be lucky to get some spark plugs to replace the stock ones that will foul during break-in!

Baxter850

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2019
Can't ride my sled yet because it hasn't been programmed not sure what the answer is but for all of us that had to wait should be given more time on our warranty

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Can't ride my sled yet because it hasn't been programmed not sure what the answer is but for all of us that had to wait should be given more time on our warranty
Agreed, especially those guys that didn't get their 22's until end of last season and then have the don't ride bulletin for the first part of this season. It's like they easily missed out on a full season of riding.

C
Dec 14, 2020

Does it run currently?

If it does I'd be riding the piss out of it and just keeping my finger off the brake. If you do get into technical stuff where you need to cover the brake, stop and check it frequently for overheating.

Baxter850

Premium Member
Aug 28, 2019
That's not the point we all know how to ride them the point is they're telling us not to ride them we've all had Polarises for years and we've all done the same thing for years it's kind of strange how all of a sudden the break doesn't work I'm sure I don't ride any different this year than I did last year you can't spend $20,000 on a sled and be told not to drive it and them not expect to have a little more cost involved when you think of how many of us bought 20,000 sleds and we couldn't ride them for a month and could put no miles on them how much that saved them and warranty you can say you're sorry all you want but that's not enough

C
Dec 14, 2020
That's not the point we all know how to ride them the point is they're telling us not to ride them we've all had Polarises for years and we've all done the same thing for years it's kind of strange how all of a sudden the break doesn't work I'm sure I don't ride any different this year than I did last year you can't spend $20,000 on a sled and be told not to drive it and them not expect to have a little more cost involved when you think of how many of us bought 20,000 sleds and we couldn't ride them for a month and could put no miles on them how much that saved them and warranty you can say you're sorry all you want but that's not enough

Calm down there bud. Paragraphs and punctuation are your friend.

I don't know anyone that actually stopped riding. You're in the very small minority if you did.

Go put the miles on and quit whining about it.

Premium Features