• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why should I buy an 09 over an 08?

B
Dec 4, 2007
Meridian, ID
I keep hearing that the 09 M8 is a bad machine, so what is so different from the 07,08? I know that the tunnel is different, my primary interest is what is different with the engine? Is it a better setup from the factory? Is it a clutching difference? Give me some good feedback!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
motor is the same for the most part. Maybe a little different mapping. But I would spend the 2 g's extra for my 09 any day.

Power Claw track
Tunnel
Electronic engine reverse
major weight loss.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Hey i had a 07 M8 and just bought a 09 HCR and WOW i am very happy i did i wish i would of bought it at the begining of the year. I don't regret spending the extra at all. Buy a HCR if you can find one somewhere:D:beer;

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I bought a 08 this year and looking back i would have bought the 09 you will find yourself wanting to do alot of the 09 mods mainly the tunnel and track the 09 has electronic reverse and i am not to sure how thats working out for AC but its new this year and saves some pounds, the 09 is lighter so you just have to spend more to make the 08 lighter. Mine is lighter now than a 09 but if i had added these parts to the 09 it would be even lighter, its up to you mine is lighter and i got more power now but if i had to do it again i would have bought a 09, i love my 08 and once i buy the power claw i will be very happy with it but wait thats another G here in Canada you can see where i am coming from, actually i would wait till next month and see what 2010 has to bring and take this into consideration.

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
o9 for sure or wait for 10 better suspion,tunnel,lighter,track, hcr kicks a$$ if you can find one. telascoping bars, altim, there is a short list why to buy the 09

Premium Features