• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why do the dragons act so wild when boondocking?

J

Joe57

Mar 6, 2008
upper Green Wyo..........
I went from an 05 edge to a 09 D8 AWSOME I had to pull it over on its side a few times till I learned I don't have to muscle it just ride it. I never would have gotten the edge in places I ride the 09 D because of the ease in sidehilling..........:)

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
[QUOTE=mod03rmk800;

Curt, is there any hope for us "cheap" guys running the walkers and a turbo? I heard you found some good tweaks to the stock set up that helps a lot.

If you can do the work at home, the drop and roll really does get the deed done and pretty darn affordably. Couple it with some effective valving in the rear shock(stock or otherwise) and the right torsion spring for your weight and style(not talking about just wire diameter here either). We have found that moving the rear scissors bottom mount hole in the rail back 3/4" also helps mellow things out a bit.
No such thing as "cheap", I guess, but you bought a turbo-whats the point if you are out of control and losing track contact all the time? not a very effective way to get around in the mountains if you ask me!

curt

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
I have a 08' Dragon, and love it. Im 6'1" and only weigh 160 lbs, and can make it go anywhere i want it to. i think one reason people say it is "uncontrollable" is because it wheelies like no other. Once you get use to the oh sh*t feeling they are awsome.:beer;

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Mine isn't wild at all... but it's not really stock either other than the track, arms, and skis.

As others have said, some custom valved Zero Pro's in the front end make a big difference. I get way les submarining now than I did with the craptastic Walker Airs. As for the rear, what else is there to say about the EZ Ryde? It just flat out works in the pow. Climbs like a mountain goat and absorbs the holes that make you grit your teeth like no other.

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc
i put alot of time on the 2010 d8 a couple day's last week and found it easy to get out of control when climbing. I could hop on a m_sled and pick a line and its done.....but the dragon, not so easily done! I'd be flying up a climb and woah out of control just like that. I mean i could get it back under control, but sometimes you just don't have the room, you know. Is it the front end shocks, a-arms? What does it take to get these beasts under control. The one i rode had a turbo, but so did the 2010 m-8 i rode and that thing handles soooo nice.
Please inform me! Thanks :beer;

dude !your riding? I wish i could be riding ..even out of control at this time of year

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
The first time I rode a IQ RMK in the MTNs I was all giddy to go carve up this fresh meadow,keep in mind I was use to riding Edge RMKs. So I get going about 40mph and put both feet on the left side board and pulled it over as I would have on the Edge sled,needless to say the sled barrel rolled 2 times and landed on its top and I had a helmet packed full of snow. These things take VERY little effort to carve around with,if you put in to much you will find yourself in trouble. Most everyone I have seen ride a IQ for the first time gets dumped off it for putting in to much effort.

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
The first time I rode a IQ RMK in the MTNs I was all giddy to go carve up this fresh meadow,keep in mind I was use to riding Edge RMKs. So I get going about 40mph and put both feet on the left side board and pulled it over as I would have on the Edge sled,needless to say the sled barrel rolled 2 times and landed on its top and I had a helmet packed full of snow. These things take VERY little effort to carve around with,if you put in to much you will find yourself in trouble. Most everyone I have seen ride a IQ for the first time gets dumped off it for putting in to much effort.

HAHAHAHAHA:eek::eek::face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap I will keep that in mind, I am anxious to get some seat time on my IQ after having spent the last 2 seasons on my Edge:D:D

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

its even worse with the Doo guys..guarenteed they are going upside down the first time they climb on a IQ raw chassis...it cracks me up..they still do it when I warn them first...:D:beer;:beer;

Premium Features