• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has a setup that works for boondocking and hillclimbing for floats?

M
Jul 12, 2010
Adrian,OR
I got a 2011 m8 snow pro 153 with floats all the way around what air pressures u guys runnin in both front and rear i weigh 185lbs and would like a setup that works knowone really knows that i have talked to i would like a starting point thanks!!!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I hate to say it guys, but with stock Floats you won't find anything special! You'll only get a acceptable ride from the stock Floats. You'll have to play with pressure in them and find what works for you in the conditions your riding. You can do some revalving and that'll help. I liked what Andy @ gas shock repair did to mine.

To find something special in suspension, you'll have to upgrade to something with some adjustability and control in the shocks. IMO

M
Jul 12, 2010
Adrian,OR
ttt

im not lookin for a pro guys setup and am not lookin to spend a bunch more money on shocks, but would consider a revalve someday, but 90% of the sleds sold out there r runnin stock shocks u can't tell me there isn't someone out there that doesn't have a decent setup on the stock floats??

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I'm quite a bit bigger than you and I have a 162 so I suppose this won"t help much, but I run 70 in the skis, front skid pre loaded with only about a half inch of thread left at the top, and 125 in the rear. Doesn't bottom much and seems to work pretty well, I do plan on revalving this fall when fox comes out with their new valve kit for them. I'm probably pretty close to the 270# mark all geared up. Makes a big difference on riding style. I need to stand in the footwells because the bars are too low and I'm a little worried about adding risers to the weak telescoping bars.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Here's a decent stock setup for hillclimbs.

Front Floats at 60 psi 2-5 psi more in the pto side
Mid shock set at .25" - .4" of threads showing under the nuts. just a little bit of preload on the spring not to much. Limiter strap in stock hole or suck it up one hole to control the height of the ski's while climbing.
Rear Float at 135 - 145 psi

Boondocking setup is close to the same but let out the limiter all the way lower the rear shock to 130 psi and lower the front shocks to 50-55 psi.

All of those settings will need to be adjusted to suite your body weight and snow conditions, also your desired ski pressure/steering effort.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The 2011 came with better shock valving, the older 08-2010 needed help. 125 in the back is to soft, you want the back shock to have enough psi to come back up or you are wasting the amount of travel

Last edited:
Premium Features