• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which track for older CMX 137?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Don't know the year, but have probably the 1st production year of CMX that came with the Raptor front end and the super soft powder track.

Love the track in CO Dec. and Jan. bottomless, but it's too soft for spring riding.

Between ripping my knee in half and being down with that, and covid screwing stuff up. I haven't kept track of what's new with riding.

So what track should i get put on the CMX? FWIW the Raptor is gone and have a Yeti front end on it.

E
Dec 19, 2007
That old one was probably the maxtac. The new cmx track is way better all around. And the 2.5 yeti should be just as good or better and will fit right on it just make sure it's for the wide rail spacing.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
so are you looking for a new track? CMX still sells their new style track in 137 i think. Yeti is a tad softer so maybe better in the soft if thats what your after.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
so are you looking for a new track? CMX still sells their new style track in 137 i think. Yeti is a tad softer so maybe better in the soft if thats what your after.
Doesn't have to be new, just something a little better in spring.

I have a Yeti 137 that's a year or two newer, and it's fine in the spring, and almost as good as the soft CMX in the super deep.

E
Dec 19, 2007
If you don't mind swapping tracks twice a year. I actually take my yeti 137 off end of feb and run an aro 137 and usually leave it on for oct-nov early season log hoping so I don't tear the paddles off the winter track. It's stiff and tapered and an inch narrow feels much better in the hard snow. Also the yeti is missing every other clip to make it lighter and it heats the hyfax much quicker on ice. My tunnel is a timbersled though so the drive axle comes out easy so I can swap tracks in 30 min.

Premium Features