• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

which gas caddy for 09 162??

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
The bumper has holes in the bottom, Cat sells several things that use the holes for attachment, I put the rubber mat from the 08 M on mine and then use the strap kit sells, I was worried it would not work but it has been very secure for 1000 miles so far:)

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
I use the craigerbuilt. Holds 2 gal. and the storage pouch holds a tiedown and a 12 foot tow strap w/ a shackle..

100_0946.jpg

100_0947.jpg

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
the mtn addiction and the craiger both look nice!! i saw that cat has the strap they offer which would be nice since you don't have to drill into the tunnel but i dont know how secure that would be.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
The bumper has holes in the bottom, Cat sells several things that use the holes for attachment, I put the rubber mat from the 08 M on mine and then use the strap kit sells, I was worried it would not work but it has been very secure for 1000 miles so far:)

What he said, its cheap, adaptable and multi use. :beer; Counting the gas can I have like 15 bucks in straps and a can. For a long trip I can add a bigger can or pack other gear.

Its the way to go unless you trying to win a parking lot Beauty contest, or keep up with the smiths :eek:

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
What he said, its cheap, adaptable and multi use. :beer; Counting the gas can I have like 15 bucks in straps and a can. For a long trip I can add a bigger can or pack other gear.

Its the way to go unless you trying to win a parking lot Beauty contest, or keep up with the smiths :eek:

well since i'm riding the sled, beauty isn't a factor and i dont' care about keeping up with anyone but i want something easy to use as well. having a caddy that is sliding around or not secure worries me. plus i want it to be quick and simple when it's time to fill up. i had the ski doo caddy on my rev which was secure but a pain to get the straps back in place when everything was frozen.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
well since i'm riding the sled, beauty isn't a factor and i dont' care about keeping up with anyone but i want something easy to use as well. having a caddy that is sliding around or not secure worries me. plus i want it to be quick and simple when it's time to fill up. i had the ski doo caddy on my rev which was secure but a pain to get the straps back in place when everything was frozen.

Some folks have a very specific look they desire..........

I am more concerned about function....the one thing I plan to add is a mat

Happy riding :)

heres a pic with the small can. If needed I can fit a 5 gal. pictured is a 1 1/2.

Irwin021809012.jpg

Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'm going with a mountain addiction next year. My 10.00 setup this year didn't work with a poo. The gas cans leaked all over the place and made a mess. Lost 1 going down a trail. I'm done with it.

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
i think i've decided on the craiger built caddy with the arctic cat small mountain bag that hooks into the rear bumper and tunnel. it's a 162 so i might as well put the tunnel space to good use!

R

rohdeiv

Apr 4, 2008
All I did was drilled out the 2 rivets that are lined up on both sides of the tunnel right in front of the cooler on the back. Then I bought four 3/16 eye bolts and washers with lock nuts, then I trimmed off the excess of the bolts underneath the tunnel. Looks good, holds strong and can be taken off and replaced with stock rivets. All together parts and 2.5 gallon gas can cost $13 bucks.

Premium Features