• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what would you do next if this was you edge?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
2002 800 snowcheck, new 800 motor w/ big bearing, slp single, vf3 reeds, slp airbox, 19/43 gearing, 159 track off 03 vert escape, atacc, slp cheater head, stock seat shortened 4 in and raised 2 in, 8in 2 wheel kit, ice scratchers, team secondary, better boards, cpc throttle block. whats next guys? no bottle or turbo. i wanna try to lighten it up and maybe suspension and skis? its got stock skis and the stock ryde fx

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Fox floats on the front and a holz alpha with floats on the rear that should loose ya 10 or so lbs. you could also go on a diet and loose some lbs. that is what i am doing it is cheap too. lost 25 lbs already. that should make climbing easier :D

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
im not gonna lose much weight lol, im only 175-180 now, if i really tried id only lose about 5 lbs.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I've been looking at the Fabcraft carbon fiber trailing arms and a Poly hood with headlight delete.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Better skis for sure, SLP SLTs or Carl's cut Powder Pros.

The Holz Alpha is nice but LOTS of money. See if you can find a Holz coil over for it maybe.

For power, Carl's cylinder porting.

If no reverse, find someone to trade you a button clutch for the TEAM and run like a 54/36 short button helix in it.

sled_guy

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
SLP PP skis are way better in that chassis than the stockers. Boss seat, used.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
i dont really want to spend that much until i break stuff lol, why would you put on a button clutch over the team? i was thinking a mesh hood? then maybe some fabcraft trailing arms and some fox 0 pros take offs? i dunno i heard the ryde fx are pretty good. it will probly be too much for me as it is, i havent really ridden in like 9 years, so i was like 14 hah. but in those 9 years i raced motocross so im not really scared of much.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
SLP PP skis are way better in that chassis than the stockers. Boss seat, used.

Really!!! I hated those things on my edge!! Turned my perfectly handling sled into a total pig. I just couldn't adjust it enough to make them work. Just proves we all have different experiences I guess. :rolleyes:
A mesh or plastic hood would be a good addition. Honestly, I wouldn't do anything to it other than ride it. :D :beer;

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
A mesh hood will be by far the biggest gain for your sled, it's amazing the difference that amount of weight loss up front makes and the cooler running clutches. Fabcraft trailing arms are strong and light, holz rear susp can be found used for a fair price.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
mesh hood
camo ex. (unless you live where theres super fluff alot)
boss seat is sweet but lots $$
dial in your clutching
sounds like you got alot done but susp. upgrades would probably make it more fun to ride
gotta love those edges :D let it snow

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Do you climb alot? I'm on my 7th year :eek: on my 2002 and last year I found a used Holz skid for $600. I always had problems with ski lift until I put the Holz in. I added some straight (not tipped up) Iceage rails and it's one of the best things I've done. The only way I could keep the front end down on my stock suspension was with the fat boy torsion springs and it rode horrible. I've done just about everything to mine and the top three on my list are:

Boss Seat
Holz rear
Mesh hood

Things I wouldn't do again:

Holz front
Team secondary (TSS 98)

IMG_5678Large.jpg

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Oh yea, I'm running SLT ski's but I thought the stock ones were almost as good. I tried Simmons when it was new and hated them (loved them on my Yami). They made the front end to wide and increased steering effort.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Your sled sounds pretty similar to what I had on my 02 800, I had powder pro skiis on it and liked them alot. You can pick up a PERC kit for it from E-bay pretty cheap, after having reverse it's hard to ride without it now.

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
Fab craft does not make carbonfiber arms any more they are all alum now . And if you have the 2.4" series 4 polaris track that is a good one if it is the 2" version then mabe step up to the 2.5 chalnger extream.I would say just ride it you got a lot there

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
my track is whatever came stock on the 03 vert escape, i think im gonna get a mesh hood and be done with it, at least for a little bit

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Button clutch runs cooler and has more topend than the TEAM does. And tuning parts are WAY cheaper and you can get a button clutch to perform just as well as the TEAM. But if you have reverse you'll have to use the TEAM.

I hated the PPs from SLP until I got the set from Carl's with the side cut, then I really liked them. I had run SLTs up until that point.

sled_guy

Premium Features