• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What I know on the 2010's from show

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
M1000 new seat and graghics. M8 new seat 3.5 lbs lighter 3' higher great water proof storage. New motor 4lb's lighter (mostly crank). A safe 160hp. Dyno average 163 at dynotech. They are still fine tunning engine calibration but are confident in saying 160hp. They have seen over 165 on the dyno. A lot quicker thottle responce. New lighter hood insulation and other little upgrade for funtion and weight reduction.They found away to lose 10lb but here is the kicker. They only weigh 2 lb less because they had to use the m1000 can for better flow and sound emissions. If you have seen the m1000 can you will know it is huge and heavy. The good news is a can will drop about 15lb instantly. Same ski's.
The motor is not just a litter crank it has different head, port timing,ecu,exaust no more restrictive y pipe, higher compression. 91 octane for 2010.
May not be a new chassi but this sled should rock, great proven chassi, huge power increase and a great new seat wich I think is better than a boss. There will be some proto's out for demo shortly.
Everyone that says a 09 with a pipe is 160 real hp. I have not felt that. This motor has new porting head 3.5lb lighter crank and new exaust for a arctic cat real 160 hp. I am not putting down the after market pipes but have not seen a 15hp gain or 25hp gain on am8 or m1000 in my seat of the pants.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
ah ha! I knew i saw a new head on there. :D I'd really like to ride one of these '10 M8s. The LEs look sick! I still very much doubt it will hang with my 1000, but still a bad a$$ 800 nonetheless.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
ah ha! I knew i saw a new head on there. :D I'd really like to ride one of these '10 M8s. The LEs look sick! I still very much doubt it will hang with my 1000, but still a bad a$$ 800 nonetheless.

With the 10 M's weighting that much less it might suprise us! After taking of the can. WOW!

Premium Features