• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what do you to

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
what do you do

get ready for grass drags if you are running an edge sled. im not sure what i would need to do as far as jetting because the chart just shows 50 plus degrees and one jet size. im sure i need to go up 2 sizes or so. it will need to be for 85ish temps.

its on an 02 700 rmk

if that makes sense to anyone i would appreciate any input
thanks

Last edited:
A
Aug 3, 2008
North Idaho
That a good question. I used to race in the summer, but I never re-jetted but then again i had a piece of crap older sled so I didn't care. I'd go up two and see what the plugs look like if you have a practice field to try it out. Heat kills ya know! :D

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
get ready for grass drags if you are running an edge sled. im not sure what i would need to do as far as jetting because the chart just shows 50 plus degrees and one jet size. im sure i need to go up 2 sizes or so. it will need to be for 85ish temps.

its on an 02 700 rmk

if that makes sense to anyone i would appreciate any input
thanks

You need to jet up (larger/richer) for cold temps and down (smaller/leaner) for warm temps. Your jetting chart should show smaller jets for warmer temp ranges and larger jets for colder temp ranges at a given elevation. Cold air is denser than warm air.

What elevation are you jetted for? If you're jetted for 3000-6000 ft and -20f to +10f temps, then you are probably a little too rich for sea level with warm temps. If you're jetted for 3000-6000 ft and +10f to +40f temps, then you are probably pretty close to where you need to be.

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
yeah i meant to say jet down. it will be in the 0-3000 ft elev range. im sure it will be more trial and error type of a thing, but thanks for the info so far and keep it coming

Premium Features