• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are these carbs off?

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
My son bought some Mikuni carbs off ebay and I was wondering what they may have come off. They are for a triple and are supposed to be 38mm carbs for an XLT/XCR. However the inside measurement on the engine side is 36.6mm. They each have a set of wires that are fastened to one side of each carb. Electrically there is a 0 ohm resistance until the slides are lifted then that resistance goes to infinity. The overall length of the carb is about 8 inches from top to bottom so they are quite a bit higher than a standard 34mm Mikuni VM carb. Also the water traps are a separate fitting off to the side on the bottom of the float bowl, not in the center plug for main jet access. The slides are aluminum and they are 2.0. The needle jets are 480 P-2. I suspect these carbs may be off a Polaris XLT with ACCS but not sure. Main jets in the carbs are 370 which is very high but may have worked because of ACCS operation. Attached are some pics of the carbs. Any info on what these carbs would be appreciated. What would the wiring have been used for?

View attachment 65922

View attachment 65924

View attachment 65923

Last edited:
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
x3 only cat used those tall caps on top of the carb that I can remember. Most likely a set off a zrt... Try posting these pics on the cat thread and see what kind of bites you get there.

Last edited:

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
You're right. I looked up the carbs on Babbitts and these are a match for those used on the ZRT600 right down to the jets that are in there. The guy who sold them to my son misrepresented totally. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
You're right. I looked up the carbs on Babbitts and these are a match for those used on the ZRT600 right down to the jets that are in there. The guy who sold them to my son misrepresented totally. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

you could ask the guy for refund?

Premium Features