• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are the best pipes for m8???

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
I am looking at getting a set of pipes for my 2008 M8. What are the best pipes or pipe? I want it to have a nice sound a little loud, but I dont want to break any windows. What makes the best power? Will I need a BoonDocker Box or other tuning box options? What is the best combination Ex: D&D pipes w. BoonDocker Box.

I can tune the sled, but I want it to be reliable and I dont really want to be constantly tuning the sled thats why I went to fuel injection and gave up the Mikunis. Will I have to tune all the time with a set of twin pipes?

Thank you in advance guys!

Pictures would be cool too!

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
oh so you guys just run stock pipes or what? I am going to spend 500+ bucks on a pipe just want to know which one is the one to buy.

stealthpipe[1].jpg

B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
You'll see alot of guys running the slp single and depending on elevation you may not need a controller. If you go twins then CPC or jaws are probably the way to go, a little more tinkering but they make some power. I have slp twins on my m7 (I know different sled) and don't have to constantly mess with the BD box, I have a few different maps set for it though.

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
SLP single here, Have one on the 08 and the 09, no controller, no screwing around Just pull it and go. It also adds about 12hp! Pretty good bang for the buck.

Premium Features