• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

weights to match AC gold spring

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
I ordered myself an AC gold spring for my 07 M8 162. The motor is stock, I want it setup for 6000-9000 ft. I'm about 220 with gear. Mostly like boondocking and exploring off trail looking for powder. I was thinking of putting some 72 gr. weights in. Anyone running close to this setup? Any recomendations? Secondary is stock.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
I have been running cutler adjustable with about 72 gr heel loaded and it engages at 35-3800 I ride at 5-7500ft.
You will like the Gold spring Mine pulled 8100 with a Speedwerx pipe,y-pipe and can.
I had the gold all last season and it broke on me so now I am running a titanium yellow green.
You can feel the difference in engagement
Good luck

Last edited:
M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
What does it have in it now, those should work. Try them. The gold primary won't change your weights as you still have the same finish rate. 285 @ 1.25"

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
Everything is stock for 07 for now (68 gr.). I was looking to just put in the AC gold and AC 72 gr. weights, It sounds like that setup would work after reading some other posts. I already ordered the spring, just looking for a warm fuzzy feeling on the weights before I buy them.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
It may not be necessary but I wouldn't change your spring and weights at the same time. You almost never change two clutching components at the same time. The 68's were off on the 07 though, the 71's will probably be better. Remember if ordering stock weights, error on the heavy side, you can always grind them but you can't add weight if you buy ones to light.

D
Nov 28, 2007
I have been running cutler adjustable with about 72 gr heel loaded and it engages at 35-3800 I ride at 5-7500ft.
You will like the Gold spring Mine pulled 8100 with a Speedwerx pipe,y-pipe and can.
I had the gold all last season and it broke on me so now I am running a titanium yellow green.
You can feel the difference in engagement
Good luck

IF you have a spring break check the primary for spring bind in the spider cup. After 05 with the 8.5" and 8.25" all the springs are binding up. After the paint wears off they will stick to the aluminum. Then they will pop.

Every spring needs to spin when compressed or it will belly. This belly is hanging a coil or two on the spider.

I know I know your not into full shift but if your finding extra belt heat this could be it too on the good day your pulling more shift.

springcup.jpg IMG_0966.jpg

Premium Features