• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Velocity Shock Question

S
Feb 7, 2022
Alberta
Hey guys, new here. Really good forum! I have a question that I'm hoping some of you may be able to answer. I recently bough a 2020 Khaos 850. After a few rides I'm looking at some suspension adjustments. I know the velocity shocks have the high/low clickers but my question is in regards to spring tension. Can the springs be adjusted as well as the clicker settings? And more specifically the front track shock. I can see that shock has the spring tension almost all the way out so to me it looks like alot of room to stiffen it up but not knowing much about these velocity shocks I don't want to adjust it if that's pre-load setting from factory...? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The front track shock requires an Allen wrench to loosen a set screw before you can turn the Spring retainer.
Mine has the elevate so it may not be the same for you but I have 10 threads under the front track shock nut.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

S
Feb 7, 2022
Alberta
The front track shock requires an Allen wrench to loosen a set screw before you can turn the Spring retainer.
Mine has the elevate so it may not be the same for you but I have 10 threads under the front track shock nut.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Mine has about 10 threads as well but wasn't sure if it was something I could actually adjust like regular coil over shocks.

Premium Features