• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

two wheel kit

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
ok so i bought the two wheel kit from arctic cat and the directions suck. this was my first time doing a two wheel kit on a arctic sorry polaris is diffrent. it was easy to do this kit took about a hour but the hardest part was cutting the axle sleeve so the wheels were in the center. and if you are like me and reuse the stock wheels watch how you put them on they change widths if the flip them around. i just wish the kit came with a messurement so i didnt have to waste so much time double checking. o yeah those axle sleeves are expensive when you cut them to far i was going to messure the sleeve but forgot if any one needs it:beer;

bamb800

Premium Member
Oct 25, 2008
Fountain City, WI
me too!

I also switched from Polaris to an M7 this year. Absolutely love it. Bought the 2 wheel kit from BDX for 20 bucks. Figured it was an easy, cheap upgrade. I didn't know the wheels changed widths if you flipped them around. Thought about it, but they looked the same. I'm not sure if I had them on wrong or not, but the wheels popped off the bearings right away pounding the moguls on the way up Daisy. Happened again on day 3 with the new set of wheels. When I put a set of $90 Sly Dogs on and popped one of them off I figured out my axle was bent. I was not happy. I'm a CNC machinist, so when I got home I made my own 2 wheel kit, with billet wheels and a stainless steel axle. I also made aluminum blocks to replace the cheap plastic ones. I'm not sure if there is any company out there selling Stainless axles, but I weighed both the aluminum one and the ss one, and it was only a pound difference. It's worth the extra strengh and peace of mind in my opinion.

S

Shelfrost

Nov 28, 2007
Chetwynd, BC, Canada
If you cut the sleeve spacers to 1 & 7/8", you can run a 3 wheel kit. If you happen to break a wheel, you can do a little rearranging and still ride it out!

DSC02358.jpg

DSC02373.jpg

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
wow this is a good idea i like it cuse i carry a bearring in my back pack so i could just pop it out and leave it were the wheel was to keep the sleeve in place. plus that take the wheel out of my sled good idea shelfrost

Premium Features