• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

twin pipes

Jan 27, 2009
I was thinkin about getting some slp twin pipes for my 06 M7 would i have to reprogam my ecu or do anythin in order run these pipes? Any info much appreciated
thanks

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I don't have any direct experience with twins, but from what I have read...if you want pull and go riding, stick with a single. Twins require a little more "maintenance" in terms of boondocker/fuel delivery management on a ride to ride basis. Some form of gauge, IMO, is a must and on 06, so is a boondocker box (or some alternate method of controlling fuel.) Lots of people like the twins because when they run, they RUN. BUT it takes a little work to get them to run. Do a search for jaws or twins and you'll have a little reading to do.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
I am running the slp twins on my 06 m7 and I like em. You will need a fuel controller and some sort of way to moniter temps helps. I have not noticed the tuning troubles others have mentioned, but has been bad snow year for us and only have about 5 rides on them so far. I have a Boondocker box and like that as well. Lots of adjustability and you can pre program several fuel maps for when the pipes get finicky. Don't expect to just throw em on and go, you will need to take some time to play with fuel and clutching but once you figure it all out you will be happy!!

Premium Features