• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

True American Heroes

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

Even with an attempted smear from CNN's Jake Tapper, Brian Mast keeps it classy.​

We need more American Heroes like this!!​

Last edited:

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Yes we do. I find it very sad that we will pay athletes and Hollywood stars including news anchors multi millions of dollars a year and consider them hero’s. But disrespect our military and police personnel. For the life of me it seems upside down that we will pay college coaches more than the President of the college.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
For the life of me it seems upside down that we will pay college coaches more than the President of the college.

I totally understand your comment, but for conversation sake, how many college football coaches can you name? Most of us will answer "several".
Now how many college presidents can you name? I can't name any.
So what. Right? Well a competitive football program will net notoriety equating to full capacity enrollment, but more importantly, alumni donations.
If your coach sucks, the whole nation knows it. If the president of the university sucks, the repercussions are much less severe.

Some 4 million dollar coaches are a good investment.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I can agree and understand the finances part of it. But I think that just proves my point even more. Why are sports so important in our society and academics take a second seat. The President of a college is responsible for the whole college, sports, academic success, you name it. And your exactly right who knows the names of any college Presidents per say. Thus lies the problem with us.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
This is over simplifying it, but people connect with their favorite team, and they want to see them win.

I can't explain it, but I'm happier when the Bison and the Badgers are winning!

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
This is over simplifying it, but people connect with their favorite team, and they want to see them win.

I can't explain it, but I'm happier when the Bison and the Badgers are winning!
On the flip side of that there is a large percentage of the population that could care less about sports in general. I know zero of my friends watch any college or pro sports with the exception of UFC.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
On the flip side of that there is a large percentage of the population that could care less about sports in general. I know zero of my friends watch any college or pro sports with the exception of UFC.
And I can really understand where these folks would be disgusted by the coaching salaries.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. The only way they can inherit the freedom we have known is if we fight for it, protect it, defend it and then hand it to them with the well-thought lessons of how they in their lifetime must do the same. And if you and I don't do this, then you and I may well spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it once was like in America when men were free." – Ronald Reagan

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
US Navy Admiral William H. McRaven, one of the most decorated US commanders, delivers one of the best motivational speeches you will ever hear.

DEFINITELY a True American Hero!!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
You have to wake up , the great leaders of this world are staging wars in thier own countries . Borders are wide open while they sacrifice thier own people to distract what is really going on . They will not protect thier own people , the back doors are wide open for death to walk in .

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Social messaging to be allowed on NFL helmets this year. Don’t think I’ll be watching all that much NFL this year. Catch you later NFL!

Premium Features