• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailering

S
Nov 2, 2008
Carbondale, CO
Today is the big day - headed to Electric Mountain lodge on the Hawk. How in the heck do you trailer a Hawk on a 4 place with 3 other snowmobiles? Stand it straight up and try to strap it to whatever I can is my approach I guess

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
I drilled holes in the floor. Put a piece of rope through the holes from the topside down. Tied knots in the ends under the trailer to create little loops on the floor of the trailer. Standard tie downs from the handel bars to the loops in the floor. I tie down the back of Hawks and sleds in the same way going over the track.

S
Nov 2, 2008
Carbondale, CO
I drilled holes in the floor. Put a piece of rope through the holes from the topside down. Tied knots in the ends under the trailer to create little loops on the floor of the trailer. Standard tie downs from the handel bars to the loops in the floor. I tie down the back of Hawks and sleds in the same way going over the track.

Yikes! I have been rolling around with it in the back of my truck, so trailering is a new challenge. Thanks yet again for the help Bret

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
im a 2 place tilter!

i have bolted down tie down hooks in the center of the trailer and use the holes along the side of the aluminum . 2 tie downs to the handlebar and off i go....lately ive been putting a second tie down across the trailer to make sure the hook doesnt pull through the rotting trailer deck! would hate to loose my hawk on the highway....i know it wouldnt hurt the machine,just dont want someone to pick it up before i realize its gone!!! try to think of it as a dirtbike.... even though my trailer tilts, i back into a snowback to load.its just easier...

F
Jan 21, 2008
St.catharines
While were on this topic,I'm hoping to buy a 3 place enclosed aluminum frame trailer.. How easy is it to drive on and off these trailers. Keeping in mind if you are using a car hauler with ramp and beaver tail it is much lower then the v nose snowmobile trailers..

Premium Features