• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TPS Sensor problem!!!!

mountain man

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Craigmont, ID
Went to calibrate my TPS on my nytro with the power commander for my turbo fuel bridge controller and i cant get the lower voltage to calibrate, just stays at 0.00 Is my TPS bad??? I tore the sled apart to get to the sensor and turned it a little and now my upper voltage range is really low. Moto from Pyshcosled said the voltage on the lower should be +/- 0.3 volts and the upper range should be +/-3.6. Before i moved the sensor the upper would calibrate to 3.880 and 0.00 on the lower. Please someone chime in on this if they have any experience. I have a new sensor coming just in case but would really like to ride this weekend.

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Just went through this and fixed with Moto's help.

With the key off and connected, open the TPS calibrate and push and hold the < button that is pointing and the lower limit. Then turn the key on and it should populate the lower limit.

Mine only worked when I held the < while I turned it on.

Hope this helps.

MM

mountain man,

It does not sound like your TPS is bad. The PCV is simply recording your minimum and maximum voltage values reached when the throttle blades progress through their angle.
The reason some vehicles with key on/off have the ability to store a 0.00 Voltage value in the TP calibration is simply due to the power toggling of injectors that the ECU performs when the key is on. Sometimes injector power stays on whenever the key is on, or they'll be on for ~10 seconds and then turn back off. 5V Sensor power can also do this if just sitting in key on/engine off mode. If the injectors stay on for a brief time (PCV is still powered up looking for live TP calibration with window open), and the 5V rail drops out that feeds the TPS - the resultant recorded voltage will be 0.00.
Instead of possibly stumbling around the key on/off troubles,
1) Start the machine
2) Open the PCV control center TP calibration window
3) Click Reset (will see both high and low voltage read the LOW value)
4) Hold the brake and momentarily wick the throttle to the bar (belt won't even engage) The upper voltage will now be recorded in the right hand field.
5) Click OK
6) Turn off sled.

By closing the calibration window prior to shutting off the power, the TP calibration inside the PCV is no longer looking for any changes to the fields inside the device and you will not record a 0.00 voltage.
For some starting voltages, our Power Commander devices ship with a low TP value of 0.742V and a high TP value of 3.830V.

~T.J.

Premium Features