• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TOGWOTEE TO COOKE CITY

moto305

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2013
LOOKING FOR THE SHORTEST AND BEST WAY TO GET TO COOKE CITY FROM TOGWOTTE? I'VE HEARD THAT YOU COULD POSSIBLY PARK SOMEWHERE AND THEN RIDE THE TRAIL TO COOKE CITY TO SAVE A FEW HOURS OF DRIVE TIME?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There is NO short quick way from Tog to Cooke in the winter.
Thats about a 7-10hr trip by vehicle in the Winter depending on the route you chose.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I believe you are talking about going to Cody then driving up the Chief Joseph parkway to the unloading area at Pilot Creek. Haven’t done it for probably 30 years, but I know the highway is open year around. I believe it dead ends at that parking lot. About a 9 ride into Cooke. This would save at least 3 hours.

moto305

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2013
YES WE ARE LOOKING TO GET TO THE PARKING LOT TO UNLOAD AND THEM RIDE INTO COOKE CITY. JUST TRYING TO FIND THE BEST WAY TO DO THAT.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Togwotee lodge to Dubois head to Riverton, cut through Pavilion. To Shoshoni, north to Thermopolis. Northwest to Meeteetsee. Head toward Belfry Mt. turn up the chief Joseph. Drove it hundreds of times.

moto305

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2013
Togwotee lodge to Dubois head to Riverton, cut through Pavilion. To Shoshoni, north to Thermopolis. Northwest to Meeteetsee. Head toward Belfry Mt. turn up the chief Joseph. Drove it hundreds of times.
HOW FAR OF A DRIVE IS IT WHEN YOU GO THAT WAY?

Premium Features