• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled ?

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Looking to upgrade the rear skid over the summer among other things and wondering if anyone has been running a timbersled in their IQ Raws?

How is it for deep snow?
Durable enough for jumping?
would you do it over again?

TIA Bubba

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
My buddy mobsled has one under his 07 D7. First trip the shocks weren't valved right and it didn't work very good. Second trip with correct valving it worked awesome. If you watch the vid they posted on there site explaining all the advantages of the skid over the stock polaris skid, they are 100% right on. I will definitely have one under my sled for next season. Hopefully he will see this post, and write his own review for ya.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
SnowJW sells them ask him I think he runs one in his Dragon.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I would do it again for sure if your into huge cliff drops we may want to put some different valving in it for you but Dan takes his off some huge drops in the vids and it holds up just fine.

Deep snow is were it shines the most

Allot of good skids out there now to chose from setup is still key with any skid out there but in all you can't go wrong with any of the good aftermarket skids.

Last edited:
B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Sounds like the guys that are running them like them.

Hey Snow JW, By Dan I am assuming Gardner?
How big of a pain is it to get the shocks set up right? I don't do that big of drops but is something that I have been getting more and more into so I want something that is going to hold up to the abuse. Looking at Timber over Holz since I have a good deal on them.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i have one under mine thanks to EricW letting me use his. and it is AWESOME works in all conditions. i dont do huge jumps but i ride hard and it holds up amazingly well

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
ski lift

Snow JW set me up with a Boondocker turbo this year and I absolutely love it.
I like the idea of a timbersled set up but if I make the change will it limit the ability to pull the skis off the ground easily? Part of the turbo that I like is having the nose in the air while still making turns or carves on the stock track set up. Not sure if my question makes sense. I basically want less trenching, more cushion on the drops and no change in skis in the air time. Possible?
Thanks,
Arc

M
Dec 2, 2007
Glencoe, MN
Defidently a good investment. It climbs amazing and handles though the powder amazing. It is like a boat when it planes out on top of the water, you hit the throttle and it gets up out of the snow and floats very well. Defidently defidently a good investment!!!

Premium Features