• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts on the Voyager 154

C
Nov 29, 2008
Thinking of a new sled for occasional 2 up ride. Looking for something stable especially for rides with a sr citizen on board ... considering a Bearcat or Adventure / Voyager 155"... BC is ultra stable with its 20" track and has as much seating room / comfort as a big couch but its a tank .... Adventure 155 for 2015 has an articulating track and would likely be a decent ride for the occasional guest to use but I'm not sure on its 2 up ability as the seat is waaayyyy smaller than the BC and it needs heavier springs as there are no helpers like the BC has.
Both are fan cooled and close in power but Voyager is quite a bit lighter.

We don't ride groomed trails and many of the local trails are rough bunny paths through the alders ..... looking for comments from experience with the Voyager / Adventure.

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I used an older Bearcat for cruising timber. We could put 3 guys on it and head into the woods. We would drop the heavy guy off first then ride two guys to the next drop off, then I would take it to the furthest point. I didn't dare get it stuck by myself as there is no way I could get it out. It was a tank to ride by myself so it was not preferred.

The Voyager I think would get used more as a single rider sled than the heavy Bearcat for those reasons. In actuality, how many miles are you going to ride 2-up?

C
Nov 29, 2008
not a lot ... just an occasional ride ... the bc should be ultra stable with a 20" track but is big and likely handles like a tank ... there's a 2011 Venture available locally as well with low km so I'll probably have a look at it as well.

Premium Features