• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts on the blow hole?

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
No matter what make of sled you have, does anyone run this?

I see it pulls approximately 140 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air through the hood and clutch area. I'm not to techy - is this a lot of air movement?

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I’ve never used one

for reference a bathroom exhaust fan is approx 100cfm

if there is 10 cubic feet of volume under the hood it would do 14 air changes per minute.

it seems like they would be pretty effective. Necessary? That’s a different question.

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
In my opinion they add a lot of extra noise to a stock sled at idle that I do not care for. It is on a 2013 Polaris Pro. I could see the benefits if it were on a Ski Doo or something but i think the stock polaris vents just fine.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Had on on my 14 Pro. If I wanted to heat up the food in my muff pot I had to unplug it. It sucked so much air across the right side of the sled and past the pipe my food never got hot just barely warm.
On a trail they probably aren't necessary but in deep snow pushing it hard and at low speeds, it gets hot under that hood. I've had it hot enough to smell the plastic when I stopped. After I installed a blow hole I never had that happen again.

Premium Features