• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The waiting is over. Here it is, your official 2022 college football thread!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Action starts Saturday! We have some friends leaving today for Dublin Ireland to see the Nebraska/Northwestern game! That would be so fun!!!

Predictions for your favorite teams?

Are you planning to attend any games?

Who else LOVES this time of year?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
You are assuming I was paying attention to when it would happen. There will be a lot of planning going on until it happens and the fruit will sour early.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It sure will.
Being a B1G fan, I was against the whole thing. I still have this naive notion that conferences should represent geographic regions. Now we will literally have teams from east and west coast in the same conference. Just stupid.

This whole thing could result in another tier of competition... somewhere between FBS & FCS

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
So how do you picture this playing out in 5-10 year time span, or longer?

How many schools will be allowed to be knighted in the kingdom of ESPN broadcast?
Does this affect ESPN long term if there are a lot of subscribers that no longer get to watch their team play if the team is not on the broadcast list?
With the shift to streaming, will the non-ESPN conferences flood the market with cheaper teams?
If there are fewer televised player positions, will the recruiting for NFL be harder? Will this decrease player participation if the carrot of getting drafted to the NFL is diminished?
How many schools are in some way subsidized by the sports dollars that will no longer be coming in, and how will they continue promoting their awesome education system?

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
This place is over the top!

Although we live in Utah, our daughter is on the Roll Tide team through a rather stunning chain of events.

The enthusiasm here is just unreal!

And I am not much into football historically.....

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
Oh, it was something else for sure! The enthusiasm, the friendliness of the fans and all the hype and antics. Pretty cool to see :)

Last edited:
Premium Features