• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The reason for all the 08-09 800 burn-downs??

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
someone stated that the slp 727 had the same size piston as the d8. I just took mine apart at 1700 miles and everything looks great (727) these are wiseco double ring pistons and the exhaust valves are even bigger than the stock 600 but slp reroutes the coolent, only thing i found was my mag side exhaust valve was full of water and the spring has lost all spring,possible to order these pistons to end season for some. Big Horns just got dumped on and away we go

T

turboxp

May 13, 2008
not where i sled
Polaris

Sorry for busting in guys but your problem is not the only one just so happens it is polaris problem. It is bull ---- that manufactures put this stuff out we all have to do r@d on for them that includes ski-doo so just letting you know that i feel for you we have all been there and still are. I'm a ski-doo rider but an honest one.The only thing that keeps some of us going is the dealer mine was motor tec in Golden in B.C. but he is closing his doors.So what am I going to do now who knows.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Beat it ....Thats all I do when I ride the King cat, against the smoke breathing dragons:p

I'd give you some more red apples, but it looks like you have more than you can handle already. Just go away.

BTW, My sled is operational again. Can't wait until Sunday to ride.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
They still cant supply parts to even keep up with repairs of the burnt down motors. I have been waiting since febuary with NO sled!!

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
mn i love reading about this stuff, i learn so much lol. when did polaris start using the single ring piston? cause i dont think the 900 is, wierd thing is the 900 had so many problems yet i have 4860 miles with no problems knock on wood, i realy hope polaris fixes this problem.

arent they supose to make the 800 have 160hp? i think they should worry about it making it over 1000miles bfore boosting power.

B

Beavis

Dec 16, 2007
Utah
Hmmmm. It's threads like these that remind me why I left Polaris after selling my 900RMK. I'll check back in another year or so. I'll keep hoping...........

Premium Features