• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swapping tracks on the G5 Expert?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I want a 2.5 lug track and not a 3.0 on a G5 154 Expert. Any reason I can't just swap the 3.0 lug track for a 2.5 instead as long as it's a 3.5 pitch too?

Anything about the new chain case setup or drivers that would prevent just swapping tracks?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Nope.

In fact, the way I understand it, there is no longer any reason to open up the chain case at all for a track swap. Only need to pull the break caliper off. The over and out as normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I'm not sure I understand how you can get the track off with just a brake caliper removal?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I'm not sure I understand how you can get the track off with just a brake caliper removal?

Theres a picture of it somewhere around here… the driveshaft just slides into the backside of a sealed bottom gear.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Theres a picture of it somewhere around here… the driveshaft just slides into the backside of a sealed bottom gear.
That would be awesome. It almost makes up for the labor, special ball joint press shims, and hood removal debacle that is involved in an A arm change. Almost, but not quite. I really hoped for a new A arm design, but I guess they can start with the driveshaft...

Trolltech

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2008
I want a 2.5 lug track and not a 3.0 on a G5 154 Expert. Any reason I can't just swap the 3.0 lug track for a 2.5 instead as long as it's a 3.5 pitch too?

Anything about the new chain case setup or drivers that would prevent just swapping tracks?
Just cut down lugs, its less work and cheaper!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy

Skidoo talks about a lot of info, features etc in this video. They explain the track swap in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features