• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

swapping parts between 03 ProX to 97 Rmk

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Ok so I have an 03 ProX that I really liked (yes you read that right) and an 97 RMK....

Since the ProX is fubu'd (smoked a tree @ 50mph or so, after getting some air, it landed standing straight up on the back of the track, bounced funny and shook me off..) The front frame or whatever is completely shot, I think the front shocks are still good, between the strut bar or whatever it's called and the exhaust stopping it, I think the motor is fine, same with the clutches/chain case... The tunnel is warped.. I think the rear skid is fine...

The Rmk is fine... so I was thinking maybe swap over the front shocks, maybe the motor, and drive train, if possible te skid, but a big wheel kit/extension use the track from the RMK.

So would this be possible, or rather easily possible?

Or would it just be better to get rid of the ProX for what ever I can get for it as parts/salvage?

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
So it looks like the motor will swap over.. crankcases are the same part #, the driven clutch looks like it'll move over, not so sure on the gears.

With a little effort, if my rear skid is fine it should move over I might need to drill a couple holes in the tunnel.

Dumb question though... I think my ProX track is a 136 1" and the RMK track is a 144 1.75" is there an easy way to make it fit.. either extensions or big wheels or what?

thanks

Premium Features