• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swapping 700 into M5

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
I found a 2005 M5 super cheap. I'm just wondering if the M5 and M7 chassis is exactly the same? I have a complete donor F7 so I have everything needed but just wondering if I will have any issues bolting my F7 carb motor into this M5 chassis. I would rather have bought a M7 or M8 but this deal is too good to pass on.

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
Anyone? I just want to be sure the 700 carb motor will fit this chassis...I know the muffler is different but I'm hoping everything else should fit just fine. Will the cooling system be enough for the 700? I know the DD gearing is the same in both machines...anything else I may have to change ?

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
The right engine bracket is different. The left bracket on the two motors is the same. I would think if u swapped out the bracket the 700 would drop right in. Cooloing system should be the same as a 141 M7. Just hope u have all the electronics for the 700 and it should be a snap. If u don't have the exhaust now would be a good time for a aftermarket one. Was the M5 efi or carb? If efi u will need a throttle cable from a carbed M7. Good luck!

Sprocket

Last edited:
J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
Yeah I have an 03 F5 and an 04 F7 and noticed that the engine mount was different. I am swapping everything over from my F7SP so I have everything needed including all electrical. I have a D&D lite pipe as well as a BMP mod pipe also. The only thing I will need is the can which is no big deal. I was just wondering if the frame or bulkhead was any different with the M5. I haven't bought the sled yet so I was just checking before I buy it and realize it is a huge pain in the ***. As long as the bulkheads are the same it should be pretty easy.

Premium Features