• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit County CO - Open Space and Trail Department Survey

H

Hillclimber

Jan 10, 2008
Colorado
Please take 10 minutes for a survey of what the priorities of the county's open space and trails department should be.
Survey is completely anonymous, no need to be a resident!

$1.5 M in permanent funding and as always, there has been Zero support for motorized recreation from S.C. Open Space and Trails.
My concern is all they are going to be getting is comments that more trails and areas should be closed to motorized.

summitcounty.civilspace.io

My particular gripe is they have 2 main trailheads that service areas of motorized recreation, both are not maintained and have no services or pit toilets. Tenderfoot's trailhead is no longer open to winter motorized since they county closed all the winter trails to motorized.
Tiger road is the only winter motorized trailhead in the area and it can't accommodate half the users on a given weekend. The lot is too small for all the trucks and trailers on busy winter weekends. A trailhead 2 miles away fits 10 cars for mountain bikers and cross country skiers and has a year round porta potty?

It really sucks there is no winter motorized trail leading from that trailhead to the most commonly ridden areas, the 3 forks of the swan. Instead you get to snowmobile in a mile, on a road plowed to the dirt and risk overheating your sled. They are in the process of restoring a neighboring area of river and can easily add in a snowmobile trail and blow out the trailhead.

I am still amazed with 300+ inches of snow a year, snowmobiling wasn't even an option to check on how I recreate on local trails?
I doubt they even know there is an active snowmobile club that grooms 18 miles of winter trails ast Spring Creek on the north end of the county. Been doing that for years with no trailhead, instead we park trucks and trailers down 2 miles of the road.

Thanks in Advance!

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Please take 10 minutes for a survey of what the priorities of the county's open space and trails department should be.
Survey is completely anonymous, no need to be a resident!

$1.5 M in permanent funding and as always, there has been Zero support for motorized recreation from S.C. Open Space and Trails.
My concern is all they are going to be getting is comments that more trails and areas should be closed to motorized.

summitcounty.civilspace.io

My particular gripe is they have 2 main trailheads that service areas of motorized recreation, both are not maintained and have no services or pit toilets. Tenderfoot's trailhead is no longer open to winter motorized since they county closed all the winter trails to motorized.
Tiger road is the only winter motorized trailhead in the area and it can't accommodate half the users on a given weekend. The lot is too small for all the trucks and trailers on busy winter weekends. A trailhead 2 miles away fits 10 cars for mountain bikers and cross country skiers and has a year round porta potty?

It really sucks there is no winter motorized trail leading from that trailhead to the most commonly ridden areas, the 3 forks of the swan. Instead you get to snowmobile in a mile, on a road plowed to the dirt and risk overheating your sled. They are in the process of restoring a neighboring area of river and can easily add in a snowmobile trail and blow out the trailhead.

I am still amazed with 300+ inches of snow a year, snowmobiling wasn't even an option to check on how I recreate on local trails?
I doubt they even know there is an active snowmobile club that grooms 18 miles of winter trails ast Spring Creek on the north end of the county. Been doing that for years with no trailhead, instead we park trucks and trailers down 2 miles of the road.

Thanks in Advance!
Do you have a link you could add so we can respond?

Premium Features