• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Substituting skidoo E-tech oil for Husqvarna TE300i injection oil question

R
Nov 16, 2016
This is a bit out of the ordinary.

I have a 2019 Husqvarna TE300I injected 2 stroke. I would like to know if I can use my Skidoo E-tech oil in this engine in leu of the Motorex oil.
Do any of you have any knowledge or experience that would suggest DO or Don't?

Rick E.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain

I have a 2019 Husqvarna TE300I injected 2 stroke. I would like to know if I can use my Skidoo E-tech oil in this engine in leu of the Motorex oil.

Rick E.
Had an instance this spring where I had no doo oil so I ran the motorex from my Ktm 250i in a skidoo 850t. It ran fine changed the smell a little bit. Figured both oils are red and motor company’s are Austrian so close enough. ?‍♂️

R
Nov 16, 2016
UPdate:
I learned that the difference in viscosity may alter the Husqvarna's oil delivery volume, so I opted for the correct oil.

R
Nov 16, 2016
Sled oil is made to work in the cold ,
1..... there is no way I would use 2 stroke dirt bike oil in the sled,

2...... and using sled oil in the bike is a waste of money as it is way more money.

1... My question pertained to using E-tech oil in the Husqvarna.... not Husqvarna oil in the Skidoo.
We bought a 50 gallon barrel of E-tech oil for last and this coming season, so our cost per gallon is somewhat reasonable.

2.... actually, the price is very similar.

Anyway, thanks for all comments. I will be using the recommended oil for the Husky.

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
1... My question pertained to using E-tech oil in the Husqvarna.... not Husqvarna oil in the Skidoo.
We bought a 50 gallon barrel of E-tech oil for last and this coming season, so our cost per gallon is somewhat reasonable.

2.... actually, the price is very similar.

Anyway, thanks for all comments. I will be using the recommended oil for the Husky.
As for the CLEAR answer. XPS oil quality is clearly good and fine for your Husky.

However, the XPS is 33.7 cSt at 40°C and the Motorex is 60 cst at 40°C.

So I wouldn't run the XPS without adjusting the oil pump accordingly. If you were going to premix with the XPS, I'd suggest to run more oil than with the Motorex due to it being thinner.

However, they also have the XPS racing one which is 60.8 cSt at 40°C and this one would be perfect in your Husky, as is.

Here's the link to the MSDS where I got the data :

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com

Rick E.
I have been using XPS in my 460 Husq for many years, i bet since 2015. After i took my 800 apart to put an 872 in it, i was amazed at the internal parts of it, coated, sticky, not dry anywhere that i can remember. Ive taken other 800's apart to do whatever maintenance, and the insides, nice and oiled. Have a small Echo saw, and a few other older saw, 650&720 sea-doos, 35hp Evinrude, weedeater...i use XPS oil in my 2 strokes. My 2008*460 Husq saw is still powerful.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
My Evinrude was running rough and a mechanic buddy said, try 60:1 instead of 50:1, and it smoothed out the trolling(pontoon boat) speed

I think I’ll try the 60 to 1 next fishing season to see if that helps trolling with my 150 Evinrude,

She smokes pretty good when I troll a lot.

I Fouled the plug last year one time had new plugs but too many crank overs battery is too low to start, and I left my jump box in the shop.

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
As for the CLEAR answer. XPS oil quality is clearly good and fine for your Husky.

However, the XPS is 33.7 cSt at 40°C and the Motorex is 60 cst at 40°C.

So I wouldn't run the XPS without adjusting the oil pump accordingly. If you were going to premix with the XPS, I'd suggest to run more oil than with the Motorex due to it being thinner.

However, they also have the XPS racing one which is 60.8 cSt at 40°C and this one would be perfect in your Husky, as is.

Here's the link to the MSDS where I got the data :

Sled oil is made to work in the cold , there is no way I would use 2 stroke dirt bike oil in the sled, and using sled oil in the bike is a waste of money as it is way more money.

Interesting. The dealers around here have been selling the "generic" 2T XPS for sled use for years. I don't ever recall seeing the "snow" version anywhere, ever. It's also cheaper. Is it new?

The bottle shows a sled, dirt bike, outboard etc., all on the same label.

779126_2t_e_tec_synthetic_oil_1_qt_946_ml.jpg

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
Interestingly enough, if I use the 'Oil Selector' on the XPS website, they recommend the generic 2T for late model skidoos instead of the snow version.

You can input your TE300 as a vehicle and the recommendation is the 2T Race version.

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
Interesting. The dealers around here have been selling the "generic" 2T XPS for sled use for years. I don't ever recall seeing the "snow" version anywhere, ever. It's also cheaper. Is it new?

The bottle shows a sled, dirt bike, outboard etc., all on the same label.

779126_2t_e_tec_synthetic_oil_1_qt_946_ml.jpg

The "SNOW" or "ETEC" full syn is the same thing, new label.

I was talking about this one to match the Motorex:

1669658525929.png

Premium Features