• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stacking Storage Rack

B
May 25, 2008
Does anyone have a rigging diagram for one of those storage shelves that let you raise the shelf from the ground high enough to park another sled under it? I saw one a while back but for the life of me I can't find it again. Building the lift isn't much of a problem, Rigging the cables, so one winch lifts the platform, has me stumped right now.

I need some help here..... I've run out of room!

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
There was a guy who posted these pics a while back that I used to build one. Here goes:

SledRack2.jpg

SledRack3.jpg

SledRack4.jpg

SledRack1.jpg

B
May 25, 2008
Thanks for the pictures. How do you get your machine up on top? It doesn't look like the top shelf raises and lowers. I saw one in a Snowest Forum last year, where one was rigged with cable and used a boat winch tho raise the shelf.
Last week I built a stacking storage shelf out of plywood and 2 X 4's. I modeled it after a "rackalot" shelf. http://www.rackalot.com/ It worked great but I'd still like one like the one you built and the shelf raises and lowers.

80arrow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2008
Grand Rapids MN
I made a frame out of 2x6's, put 3/4 plwwood on it, and put hinges on one end that I fastened to the wall. I put a sled on it, jack up the back with a floor jack or engine hoist and put legs under it with a diagonal brace and your good to go for the summer. It's not fancy but it gives you more floor space.

Premium Features