• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spring adjuster measurement (secondary)

I
Oct 3, 2001
New Meadows ID
Guys I was wondering if you could tell me what the measurement should be for my spring adjuster. This is on an 06 m7. Also I need to know where it is measured from ( what two points on clutch). Is it taken from the top of the adjuster or what?

I read what it should be in the old forum, but I'm having trouble digging it up again.

Thanks,
Jake

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
I believe on a stock setup 3/8-1/2" is in the ballpark. You measure from the face of the plastic adjuster (not in the little holes) to the face of the cover plate. I use calipers, but whatever ya got thats semi accurate, and will fit through the slot on the faceplate will do. Good luck

P
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, Wa
I read here somewhere that there is a way to keep that plastic adjuster nut from backing out. Anybody see that. I see there's aftermarket nuts that are supposed to keep that from happening. Any remedies. Thanks

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
ive heard of people drilling a hole in the faceplate and putting a screw in it to stop it from backing out

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
I believe the factory started to loctite the adjusters, mine was, couldnt even get it to budge, had to bust it out with a hammer and chisel... I drilled and tapped the cover between the slots (in line with the adjuster holes) and use a small bolt, with a jam nut, havent had a problem at all.

Premium Features