• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx or SLP pipe

B
Feb 19, 2008
Which pipe would you go with on '09 M8 SnoPro, Speedwerx or SLP? Seems like most people are using SLP. Can you safely use pipe and modded air intake without using Boondocker or the likes? Which clutch set-up do you favor for around 8,000 to 10,000 feet?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I do not think you can go wrong with either one. I have heard the slp makes a little more power but I like how the speedwerx makes max power at 7800, very easy to clutch for and the speedwerx fits better. That being said I have the slp and like it.

C
Feb 1, 2008
SLP for me

I like the fit and finish better on the SLP and I have seen some of the Speedwerx cans with cracked welds. Also like the sound of the SLP can better. Both produce good power and are easy to tune---has been my experience. Good either way, just use your personal preference white matter.:beer;

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
My sled rips with the slp, you would have to talk to slp about the modded intake, but with their intake it is fine without a boondocker at all elevations. I have also heard a lot of good things about speedwerx, i dont think you can go wrong either way.

B
Jan 16, 2008
Checked them both out, SLP kit its considerably less $$, plus sw has 2 different pipes for 0-5000, & 5000-up. Being from flat MN and taking a few trips out west a year makes it hard to spend that kind of bucks on a pipe that u can't run at a certain alltitude. Was a no brainer for me SLP! Had a speedwerx pipe on my 600 x-fire and loved it, which is for sale, nothin against sw here.

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
Which Pipe

Which pipe would you go with on '09 M8 SnoPro, Speedwerx or SLP? Seems like most people are using SLP. Can you safely use pipe and modded air intake without using BoondockI run er or the likes? Which clutch set-up do you favor for around 8,000 to 10,000 feet?

I run the SLP pipe, becuase of the seal on the can to keep exhaust from entering back into engine compartment. On my 7, I ran speedwerx, the pipe worked, but I had to fab the seal on can. So far So good with pipe and modded air intake at 10,000 and up, mostly up. No fuel control, But the air temp. has been above 0 since air box install. When the air temp. drops to 30 below, will have to do all the engine checks again, to make sure not to lean. There are so many variables to answer your application. We have to learn how to check piston wash and read plugs, because even with controller you will need to. Either way give it Hell :D

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
How many of you guys have had melting issues on the hood with the SLP? Anyone running a speedwerx on an 09 without a fuel controller?

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
I have had the speedwerx since new on my 07 and love it. It really woke the sled up.
My bud has the slp on his M1000 and he says the same.
I don't think you can go wrong either way

Premium Features