• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sometimes you get lucky

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Small field but the other guy still has to lose... :mmph:

NHRA National Open Sled/Bike class.... :face-icon-small-hap

:face-icon-small-win Thanks to Mac's Cycle, High Performance Engineering, Digatron, and Custom Powder of Lewiston for letting this old guy continue to race!

Sled is powdered by a Crankshop/ROTAX 809 will run high fives in the 1/8 mile but we dial it back a bit to make it more consistent in bracket racing. Sled ran in the twos all day despite it being hot as HELL

The side story... on the Sunday race the brackets brought my lovely wife and me to the finals and we made a deal and a side bet :gossip: Janet's usual ride (809 Union Bay CK III was damaged in time trials a few weeks ago when I missed the suspension set up and she did a tail dragging wheelie and when it came down bent the central arm and both trailing arms) was out so she was riding what she refers to as "old boyfriend" but is our old grass drag 600 Union Bay/Rotax and this day was running 6.90 in the 1/8 mile at a little over 100 MPH all weekend. So here is the "deal" In the final we dial tight and make a promise to not lift and best reaction time wins. The side bet, well I won't explain that one as this is a family forum :wine::rose::lips:

So late Sunday afternoon we make our final run, I win the flip of the coin so I take my lane of choice (was also Janet's)... She is running a sportsman light and I am on a pro light and I have been killing the tree. She left first and a split second later (I dialed 6.27) I release the button on the sled and the chase is on... oh oh :face-icon-small-con I am running her down but running out of track! I catch her just a little bit PAST the finish line and Janet beat me... hmmm :face-icon-small-dis win light is on in my lane???? My ET 6.277 Janet's ET 6.88 (breakout). When we look at the time slips she killed me on the tree had me covered the whole way but remember the deal? No lift run it through? Well she thought about lifting but since we promised to run it through she did not... remember the side bet? Well both the "deal" and the "side bet" were my idea... did you know my dogs snore and are bed hogs?:face-icon-small-sho

Photo 1 Janet at Spokane Division Finals (I think she went out in the 4th round)
Photo 2 Me picture at Walla Walla taken in April (cold day)
Photo 3 Me at the National Open NHRA race at Walla Walla (the "King" remark is what the photographer named it):crazy:

P8310013.jpg P4200014.JPG king mike.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features