• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So what ended up being the best solution for MCX rear mount Apex exhaust?

S

sledpiggy

Feb 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Hey guys,

I am running a '06 apex with MCX 310 kit. I'd like to do a "once-and-for-all" final solution to the exhaust system on this sucker so I don't have keep fixing it or throwing parts at it.

I was even thinking of having a hot rod shop do me a custom 4 into 1 header out of heavier gauge stainless tube to get rid of some of these joints, bellows, donuts, all that chit. It will still need a flex coupling somewhere, maybe something like this will work? I've seen them on the boondocker and some 2-stroke kits:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ysHbpyC2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Do these things hold up to the heat and pressure well?

Thanks all

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I've got a set or two of the exhaust bellows off of a stock sled if you dont find anything. I wonder if the guys at Alpine could build something for you, they build one for the Nytro.

L
Nov 13, 2008
salmon arm
Hey guys,

I am running a '06 apex with MCX 310 kit. I'd like to do a "once-and-for-all" final solution to the exhaust system on this sucker so I don't have keep fixing it or throwing parts at it.

I was even thinking of having a hot rod shop do me a custom 4 into 1 header out of heavier gauge stainless tube to get rid of some of these joints, bellows, donuts, all that chit. It will still need a flex coupling somewhere, maybe something like this will work? I've seen them on the boondocker and some 2-stroke kits:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ysHbpyC2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Do these things hold up to the heat and pressure well?

Thanks all

alpine motorsports has about 10 sets sitting on there shelf made from .80: 304 stst tig welded and ceramic coated give dean or greg a call hope this helps.

Premium Features