• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Lifting help

P
Dec 7, 2010
Hermiston, OR
Why cant I lift my snowmobile, thats how they are doing it these days on the new ones, I dont like how low my 1995 Powder Special sits, its annoying. I want to install brackets on the tunnel where my track can attach to and make it sit, 6 to 8 inches higher. Why cant I do that, I have had mutliple people tell me that it wouldnt work. Any hints, info, or helpful tips? Thanks.
P.S. i have made multiple posts of this topic, just ensure that I get good feedback.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
an inch or so is ok if you rase it to much it will not handle corectly,there not like a 4x4 if you dont keep the geomitry correct it wont handle good and may just trench all the time.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yep, it changes the suspension geometry (usually for the worse) and lessens weight transfer, puts more weight on the skis.
Somewhere along the line, someone decided that jacked up looked "cool", but in reality the lower slung sleds tend to handle better and stay on top of the snow better...IMHO.

Premium Features