• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies trip.......the bad, Omaha group OK?

S
Nov 30, 2007
Just got back from the Snowies with my family (wife and two high school age daughters) and a buddy with his son and 2 of the son's friends. We got some great riding in. I will post the good stuff later. Unfortunately we witnessed some bad things.
The first was seeing a person in the Roller Coaster smack a tree. He was ok so it wasn't much of a deal compared to the next day.
After our Wednesday ride when we got near Green Rock, we saw the pile of emergency people from the avy that took Mr. Wagner. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends.
Then as we were winding up our Thursday ride, I decided to go down to the 7 Fools area to take a look at the slide while the rest of my group waited at the top (all with short tracks). As I started down I noticed a sled at the top of the tough area trying to get out of the basin. He kept getting stuck so I radioed up to have the 2 most capable sleds with young guys to come down and help us. We got him out of there and he said he went down there while the rest of his group took a different way down and was supposed to meet him. He waited for a couple hours and tried to get out before dark and got stuck. That night I called where he was staying to see if his group showed up, they did not. I asked yesterday about them and didn't learn anything. They were from Omaha and I hope they are ok. If anyone knows, please let me know.
We also heard that a couple guys were lost for 1 1/2 days towards Saratoga.

Please, Please, everyone be carefull out there. Be prepared, have multiple backup plans. It seems that everyday out there something happens that no one expected, expect the unexpected!

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I see this all the time.
NEVER break up a group that would leave just one person.
We were at albany weekend before last at the end of our day or riding. We stop in at the lodge for a hot meal before driving home.

These two guys were talking about how they lost 3 of their riders.
HOW THE HELL DO YOU LOOSE RIDERS??

C

chads

Dec 3, 2007
Stoughton, WI
We were riding a few weeks ago and helped a local guy out of what he thought was a rough situation, he just could ride! Any ways, He was stuck on the side of a steep hill just off the trail and I saw him running to the trail thinking we were his group. I stopped and asked if he needed help and of course he said no, then he said "we have a snow bungie, were good". I asked where his group was, how they got seperated and where his snow bungie was. He said he was third rider out of three and he saw this untouched poweder just off the trail and wanted to rip it up and his bungie was on his buddies sled. I told him if your last man, you don't stop for anything unless you break down and at this point you have no bungie because your buddies are nowhere to be found.
We helped him out and his buddies did finally show up, and I fogot to mention that it was an hour before sundown.
As they rode off my buddy and I at the same time said, what a dumb ***!

G
Dec 12, 2007
Rawlins, WY
We were riding a few weeks ago and helped a local guy out of what he thought was a rough situation, he just could ride! Any ways, He was stuck on the side of a steep hill just off the trail and I saw him running to the trail thinking we were his group. I stopped and asked if he needed help and of course he said no, then he said "we have a snow bungie, were good". I asked where his group was, how they got seperated and where his snow bungie was. He said he was third rider out of three and he saw this untouched poweder just off the trail and wanted to rip it up and his bungie was on his buddies sled. I told him if your last man, you don't stop for anything unless you break down and at this point you have no bungie because your buddies are nowhere to be found.
We helped him out and his buddies did finally show up, and I fogot to mention that it was an hour before sundown.
As they rode off my buddy and I at the same time said, what a dumb ***!

wyoboy was this u. sounds like u. was he on a 08 700 dragon or an 05 800RMK

A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado
I see this all the time.
NEVER break up a group that would leave just one person.
We were at albany weekend before last at the end of our day or riding. We stop in at the lodge for a hot meal before driving home.

These two guys were talking about how they lost 3 of their riders.
HOW THE HELL DO YOU LOOSE RIDERS??

and sit at the bar and booze it up and have dinner, get off your lazy azz and at least meet your freinds half way! Oh yeah we overheard that this was like the thrid time he has lost people, he must just be a loser!

Premium Features