• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno Pro Air Box? BDX or Speedwerx??

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
The shock tower vents and vents in the bottom of the bulkhead are pretty well protected. Anyone have any bright ideas how to keep snow from packing in the area between the bulkhead and belly pan where the steering rod runs through?

arcticman31

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Colorado
Yea matt, use some expanding foam in a can from wal-mart. Logger uses that stuff all the time to keep water out of his jeep and its really lightweight! And if the king uses it you know its gotta work!!!:D

P
Nov 29, 2007
Norway
Last weekend I had some problems with the intake on my M1000. There was really much new and fresh snow and my sled sucked much off the snow through my pre-filters.
I have notice this sometimes before when the nose has been a long time under the snow really light snow, but not like this time.
I have CPC intake and the pre-filters are looking good. The vents in the hood are also covered with pre-filters and the cover over the air filter is taped around to not let any snow down to the air filter. It is just one way the snow can get in the intake, and that is through the pre-filters in the nose.

Somebody who can help me?
I am thinking off trying BDX pre-filter to see if that helps.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Last weekend I had some problems with the intake on my M1000. There was really much new and fresh snow and my sled sucked much off the snow through my pre-filters.
I have notice this sometimes before when the nose has been a long time under the snow really light snow, but not like this time.
I have CPC intake and the pre-filters are looking good. The vents in the hood are also covered with pre-filters and the cover over the air filter is taped around to not let any snow down to the air filter. It is just one way the snow can get in the intake, and that is through the pre-filters in the nose.

Somebody who can help me?
I am thinking off trying BDX pre-filter to see if that helps.

you need caulk up all the holes and cracks between the bulkhead and bumper and plastics. THIS is where the snow is coming in...

P
Nov 29, 2007
Norway
you need caulk up all the holes and cracks between the bulkhead and bumper and plastics. THIS is where the snow is coming in...
I have done this with silicone. I will look it over again to see if there are some others holes/cracks between the bumper and rest off the sled that I have missed first time.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
I have done this with silicone. I will look it over again to see if there are some others holes/cracks between the bumper and rest off the sled that I have missed first time.

do you have the far right and left nose pieces prefiltered? i made two of these set ups , and the one i put on my crossfire got drift snow in those far side vents ,, have to cover them.
but i would think just check over that area in the nose real good for any spots you missed with silicone

F

fradiecat

Feb 14, 2008
What kind of mat'l are you guys talking about when you say "prefilter" ?
Screen or the foam type?
Where can it be purchased?
Thanks

P
Nov 29, 2007
Norway
do you have the far right and left nose pieces prefiltered? i made two of these set ups , and the one i put on my crossfire got drift snow in those far side vents ,, have to cover them.
but i would think just check over that area in the nose real good for any spots you missed with silicone
What do you mean with far right and left vents? I have done all 7 vents that were in the kit.
Do you maybe have a picture off what you are talking about?

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=845800#post845800

top pic shows

i used frogskins but im sure you could get petscreen to work
the term prefilter i used might be incorrect , i was thinking it is just screen like they have covering pod filters like timbersled or the like ,, i dont use covers on my pods /shrug
i think speedwerx and cpc use frogskins , bdx , same style but not branded ?
ok on the hood in the front ,, there are 4 open slots.

2 in the center right on the nose and two outside ones ,,
on my black sled i left those outside ones open , turned out to be the wrong thing to do , on a windy drifty day all kinds of fluff found its way in there and around to my airbox area.

i was just thinking if you had it open then that might of been a way for snow to get in there

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The snow comes in on my sled in the way front were the hood rotates when it opens. Easiest and cheaper fix is to buy some weather stripping and put it in the inside. Problem solved.

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
hey thanks guys i have the timber sled intake and have had a real problem with snow before i put frogskin on all my vents on the hood found out i could sew it on. then did the vents on the shock tower whit stock ac ones the ones by the lights. then put weather stripping around hood and now no more problems thanks for this thred

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
I have BDX and it seams to be good,but its loud as hell....Need to ride with earpluggs now.It will be the same with speedwerx.Its important that the airbox draws cold air from outside.Timberssled and some others are sucking the hot air under the hood witch gives less hp.

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
We have put the bdx boxxes on a M-7,M-8 and a M-1k and they are working great! No plugging up with snow and they do clean up the performance of the sleds(no more hot air)!

KJP

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I just spoke to one of the more highly regarded cylinder porting services and they (he) recommended the Arctic Cat Sno Pro airbox over the BDX.

What are the price differences and what are the performance differences between the two?

Looking at the parts in the below link. What parts would a guy need to order to make an M8 work with the Sno Pro intake?

http://www.yanktonmotorsports.com/f...wmobiles&make=Arctic Cat&year=2006&fveh=11133

Last edited:
Premium Features