• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno Pro Air Box? BDX or Speedwerx??

M7SLEDHEAD

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Plato MN
Looking to put a sno pro style mesh air intake on my 05 M-Series w/CPC 1000.
Which kit works better? Cons and Pros with each one? I know the Speedwerx Kit is pretty spendy. If anyone has pics of either kits please post them. Any other kits that work well? Thanks

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
after making my own and researching all available D&D,SW,BDX,CPC,SLP,TS and maybe some others.

not having any ON SNOW expereince with any just knowing mostly what parts are involved i would give my vote for cpc. i like the billet manifold, the uni style filters , the precut vents and the molded nose cover that allows you to use air from the shock tower top.
bdx and sw are basicly the same thing
D&D,TS, and CPC are the same
and slp is kind of a /shrug bandaid

in the end there might not be a diff performance wise between any of them

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I have a speedwerx intake on my M-1000 and am planning on putting the BDXtreme on my M-8. The speedwerx works great in the deep fluffy snow that reaked havok on the stock intake. It makes a little more noise, but I like that throaty sound. My opinion...... The speedwerx and BDX are very similar. I like them because they use the shelf to block most of the underhood heat, which is a problem on the M's, especially when all the hood vents are plugged up with fluff. I believe timbersled would work well if you added a heat shield and some vents.... making it more like the speedwerx and BDX. I haven't seen the cpc or d&d so I don't have an opinion on them. I did notice performance gains, but especially on the low end. More important, I don't have to worry about cleaning snow off of vents and I get to ride more.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I run a BDX on my M1000. Clean, simple install. Performance gains to boot and no snow to and no bog in the deep Colorado powder!!

One more vote for the BDX!!

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Pardon, that should have read....................no snow to continually clean out of vents.............................blah, blah, blah.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The stock airbox with a mesh hood to eliminate the plugging issue will show the most power.....even with the 1000.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
i could believe that.
if the stock airbox had that ramtube left in it ( as if one could get it out )
considering that design really its the same airflow as all the others , pretty unrestricted. only thing it might have going for it is the amount of free space in the box itself , i have read a .8 cc airbox volume is ideal per cc engine displacment. roughly measureing the snorkle between the tbodies and the airbox that volume is just shy of what would be needed if the above holds true . considereing any volume up into an airfilter i figure puts it in the good.

the snowpro ( bdx/sw) airbox is about the same but the cover i dont think is sealed as tight as a factory unit but its kind of the same deal as the cpc set up where there is a coverplate in the nose creating a semi airbox.. aprox same volume as stock. d&d is open in the pics i have seen , as is TS?. one could easily cover both with the oe snowpro nose cover though to create the same effect.
basicly the route i went design wise, (home made manifold, unifilters,oe nose cover,oe beak screen, oe airvent screens,cpc sidenose and pto side shock tower frogskin vents) put this set up on 2 sleds with a few differences between them ,,

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
CPCs intake is sweet! I put a couple 2" circle screens in the plate to get air when the nose is under snow.
sShockTowerVents2.jpg
[/IMG]
sNoseConeFSkinVents2.jpg
[/IMG]

sNoseConeFilterInstalled.jpg

sAirBoxTopPipes2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

M7SLEDHEAD

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Plato MN
Air Box

How does the screen/pre-filter material hold up? Does it tear easily? How does it hold up in the trees?

Does the CPC kit work the same as the bdx and speedwerx by drilling holes in the nose cone?

S
Nov 26, 2007
If you ride where you are running over little trees or branches very much, the screens do not hold up. I am always replacing mine. Finally bought a new bellypan and did away with them.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Are you going to quote me all the time now. LMAO

Well this one of coarse.

http://bd-xtreme.com/bdxblackboxx.aspx

Sidehill,

That kit uses the same material for the vents. Explain how you did away with it. Are you just not using any????

I'm always in the trees hammering all sorts of branches and scrub brush and I've had three small holes in my mesh. Patched them with a dab of glue. I'll use the same mesh through the next year for sure!

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
my M is set up with the intake bezel vents on the nose where the most dirrect brush impact will be ,, one on each side PN#0617-487 left and right 2 dif numbers.
my xf uses the full snowpro bra, the m uses the smaller 04 ? snopro bra that doesnt go over the beak sides. just the point.
anyhow im thinking if any damage does occur to the intake bezzles i can change them out pretty easy. and every dealer should carry them or at most a couple days away. or overnight under a lb to anywhere

Last edited:
Premium Features