• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP pipe ?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Yes the nuts won't tighten because they hit against the Ypipe.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
On the stud, tighten 2 of the nuts onto each other & back it out ...

You'll need to shorten the short end of an allen wrench to get the bottom two inside SLP bolts in.

Last edited:

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
which sled are we talking about? Put one on my M1000 and had no problems. Does SLP supply the studs with the pipe ?

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
There was no way to use the stock studs on my 07 M8, like mentioned above the nut hits the Y-pipe. I removed the stock studs with vice grips, wreaks the studs but way faster than the 2 nut trick.

B
Jan 16, 2008
Thanks for the help, two nut tricked worked good. I probably could have gotten away with just replacing the bottom 4 studs but I did them all to be sure. The nut flange would hit the weld on the y-pipe and not tighten flush with the y-pipe. :beer;

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
The new ones are better anyways just make sure they are torqued proper, make sure you check your plugs after a bit mine burned too lean with the timbersled intake unless you have a box of course and use lots of shielding it gets hot.

B
Jan 16, 2008
I am going to start out with the stock intake first and do a few plug checks, then maybe put the slp intake on. I put the RKT hood lift on to get rid of some of the extra heat.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Ya just keep a eye on heat the slp intake is supposed to work with pipe and you might want to invest in venting if you haven't already, side panel vents work good but make sure you get strong ones.

Premium Features