• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slidekick scratchers?

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
What is the price of these gadgets?

BTW...your link for ordering info only goes to another snowest page with the same link that goes to the same page as the one it is on???

That page has everything you need on it. We'll be at the Puyallup show with them. Come see us!

Slidekicks are $70 shipped to US and $75 to Canada.
Carbide tips are $35 US $40 CDN.
or order both for $100 US $105 CDN.

We accept Paypal, money orders and credit cards over the phone. PM me if interested. Should be in stock in a couple of weeks.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah USA
That page has everything you need on it. We'll be at the Puyallup show with them. Come see us!

Slidekicks are $70 shipped to US and $75 to Canada.
Carbide tips are $35 US $40 CDN.
or order both for $100 US $105 CDN.

We accept Paypal, money orders and credit cards over the phone. PM me if interested. Should be in stock in a couple of weeks.

do they come with tips?? or do we have to buy a set of "carbides" to have a working set up??

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
do they come with tips?? or do we have to buy a set of "carbides" to have a working set up??

They come with a set of "regular" tips but some times they do not work as good in hardpack or icy areas. I think the carbide tips are supposed work well in all instances you just need to buy those seperate.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
They come with a set of "regular" tips but some times they do not work as good in hardpack or icy areas. I think the carbide tips are supposed work well in all instances you just need to buy those seperate.

That's correct. They come standard with the "regular" hardened steel tips. On the previous versions, the regular tip was not adequate for the ice, but worked good on most hard pack and softer conditions. Those tips with the newest version should make them sufficient for the ice with the added down pressure. Step up to the carbide and they are absolutely violent in all conditions.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I bought two sets last winter. Installed them both and lost one (one side of sled) on the first ride out. I double checked and the other 3 were very loose. I now only have 75% of what I started with and didn't even have them down that day.

I took them off. So far, I'm not convinced they are as good as I had hoped they would be when I plunked down $140 for them.

VB

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I bought two sets last winter. Installed them both and lost one (one side of sled) on the first ride out. I double checked and the other 3 were very loose. I now only have 75% of what I started with and didn't even have them down that day.

I took them off. So far, I'm not convinced they are as good as I had hoped they would be when I plunked down $140 for them.

VB

PM'd ya

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
That's correct. They come standard with the "regular" hardened steel tips. On the previous versions, the regular tip was not adequate for the ice, but worked good on most hard pack and softer conditions. Those tips with the newest version should make them sufficient for the ice with the added down pressure. Step up to the carbide and they are absolutely violent in all conditions.

Why would we need them on "Softer Conditions" :confused::confused:

I'm sorry Fish but I have been following these threads since last year when Taz started building them and I have some real concern.:confused:

In the first place, Hard ice and very hard packed snow is the only place I have ever dropped my "Conventional" scratchers that I bought from Summit Seeker at the Puyallup show last year. (For less than 1/2 the price of yours)

What your saying is similar to...
"It's an awesome boat that will do everything you ever wanted a boat to do unless you use it for what it is intended for. Just dont put it in the water...It will sink"

So tell me this...Why would I be interested in buying a product that I have to get additional parts right off the bat to make them work for twice the price of a product that works awesome in all conditions.

I see a lot of folks have concern over forgetting them and going into reverse with them down.....I'm no rocket surgeon but I've never forgotten they were down???

The one thing I see that these may have an advantage over the conventional style is that my wife can't "Park" hers on the rail
I have to do it for her because her arms and hands are not strong enough.
Yours might be easier for her... but for that price?

What's the price going to be at the show next month?
Make me a deal and I'll write a glowing revue IF they work better than the traditional ones.:D
(Remember, lot's of us out here are on strike ) ;)

Last edited:
A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
WOW.
I just re-read my last post and I should prolly just delete it.
It reads a lot more negatively than I intended.:eek:

Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something!

It looks like a fair product but I just think it costs too much and you already admit that it won't work as intended unless I buy another part.

Kinda like an XP and driveshafts.:eek::D

I am also a dealer for the Slidekicks. There were some issues with durability on last years version. I have talked to the owners of the company and they are redesigning them for this year and they are currently in production.
The new version will be made with better material and hold up much better than last year. It will also have more downforce than last years model as well. They do come standard with the hardened tip but a carbide tip is available for anyone who wants it. If your riding ice and hardpack trails everyday...get the carbide tip. If you live where the snow is better and you have the occational hardpack trail...get the regular tips.
The current production should be available in 3 weeks.

If you want more information or a price quote on any of the products I sell...just PM me and I would be glad to help you out.

Thanks,
Jeff
Mountain West Motorsports

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Why would we need them on "Softer Conditions" :confused::confused:

I'm sorry Fish but I have been following these threads since last year when Taz started building them and I have some real concern.:confused:

In the first place, Hard ice and very hard packed snow is the only place I have ever dropped my "Conventional" scratchers that I bought from Summit Seeker at the Puyallup show last year. (For less than 1/2 the price of yours)

What your saying is similar to...
"It's an awesome boat that will do everything you ever wanted a boat to do unless you use it for what it is intended for. Just dont put it in the water...It will sink"

So tell me this...Why would I be interested in buying a product that I have to get additional parts right off the bat to make them work for twice the price of a product that works awesome in all conditions.

I see a lot of folks have concern over forgetting them and going into reverse with them down.....I'm no rocket surgeon but I've never forgotten they were down???

The one thing I see that these may have an advantage over the conventional style is that my wife can't "Park" hers on the rail
I have to do it for her because her arms and hands are not strong enough.
Yours might be easier for her... but for that price?

What's the price going to be at the show next month?
Make me a deal and I'll write a glowing revue IF they work better than the traditional ones.:D
(Remember, lot's of us out here are on strike ) ;)

You either woke up on the wrong side of the bed or in the dog house!:eek:
OK, these scratchers were created to solve the never ending problem of breaking traditional spring style scratchers due to reverse, sliding, jumping or whatever. At the same time kick up snow and ice to lube the track and cool the engine. One downfall with the flexible cable of earlier versions was the penetration of hard ice. They worked, just not as good as needed. This is no secret. Hence the creation of the carbide tips. Problem solved. Are carbides required? No, but if you ride a ton of ice it is a good option. Scratchers are not just for icy conditions. With the long paddles we run, even on softer snow, the amount of snow getting kicked up is minimal. In addition, not everyone apt to stop and raise or lower their scratchers as needed. With these you just put them down and forget about them. Don't we have enough to worry about already? Like when the drive shaft is going to blow! :D So, here we are with a new generation of Slidekicks to address every problem, concern, suggestion that users had and willing to stand behind it.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
Well I'm going to have to stop by your booth (You will be at a both wont you?) and check them out for myself!
The issue with My wife not being strong enough for the other ones is what I'd really like to solve.

But I did notice you didn't mention anything about a "Smokin', On Strike" discount or a reduced show price...Or shouldn't I be bringing that up at this point! :D

BTW is it too late to say how surprised I was when I woke up in the morning to see that your sleds got TP'd at the last water drags?:eek:
I only had a minor role!

(That was you wasn't it?)
I could post some pictures to refresh your memory ???

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Yeah, I'll have a booth. #235 to be exact. As for the cost, there will be a show price. Not yet determined. Mention your a SW'r and get a better price. Mention your Adrenaline Revolution or know of him and pay more. :)

Last edited:
W

woodies

can you post pics installed?i hate spring style always coming off the rail!

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I got a new set of slidekicks today! Trinity Taz stands behind his product, I wish more companies did that, first class! I would not hesitate to buy a set of slidekicks, if they have all the bugs worked, it will be the last set of scratchers you will ever buy. THANKS!!!

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
Well I'm going to have to stop by your booth (You will be at a both wont you?) and check them out for myself!
The issue with My wife not being strong enough for the other ones is what I'd really like to solve.

But I did notice you didn't mention anything about a "Smokin', On Strike" discount or a reduced show price...Or shouldn't I be bringing that up at this point! :D

BTW is it too late to say how surprised I was when I woke up in the morning to see that your sleds got TP'd at the last water drags?:eek:
I only had a minor role!

(That was you wasn't it?)
I could post some pictures to refresh your memory ???

did I get this right? your messing with the guys sled? tp'd? wtf?hope you guys are friends!!oh wait my friends don't do that and I would love to meet the guy who tried!!:mad:;);)

Premium Features