• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

See The 2015 MH Kits At 2 Events

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
Timbersled will be showing the 2015 Mountain Horse kits at these 2 events. Please stop by and see Brett and I. Its going to be an eventful 2 weekends for the MH snow bikes.

2013JacksonHole.jpg

West Yellowstone EXPO, March 14th-16th:
We will be located at the race track and will be showing the kits and doing demo rides. To do a demo ride you simply sign up at our trailer, then stand around and talk snow bikes till your turn comes up. You will have 15 min to go ride by yourself or with a friend.
On Saturday night Reagan Sieg will be jumping the freestyle ramp on his MH snow bike in the snow cross arena during the snowmobile freestyle show. This will be the first ever public freestyle jump show on a snow bike.

Jackson Hole Hill Climb, March 21st-23rd:
We will have a display booth located on the closed street where you enter the event. We will not be doing demo rides at this event.
On Friday we will be climbing the hill all the way to the top. This normally happens between 12 and 2 PM. Expect to see the MH, UFO and Frozen Moto climbing the hill.
On Saturday night Reagan Sieg will be jumping the snow bike at the snowmobile freestyle show at the Jackson Rodeo Arena just down the street from the hill climb.

Allen from Timbersled

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Nice. Will see you in West this weekend. We were there this last weekend for a snowmobile ride into the park. I missed my snowbike! Lookin forward to heading back down this weekend and visiting and seeing the new kit.

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
Talked to the Officials at Jackson Hole. Looks like it will be free for all climb up the hill. They are going to let all of us snow bikers go up the hill at the same time. It will be like bee’s swarming the hill.... May the best man win....

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Allen and Brett,
Great talking to you guys down in West at the Expo and thanks for bringing all the 2015 kits for demo rides. It was fun to not only ride and compare the kit to my 2014 but also try the LT and the Husaberg 501 to compare to my 2003 KTM 525 and ST kit. Wish the snow conditions would have been better for it for not only a better comparison for me, but for all the other demo riders that had never been on a kit. Better snow would have no doubt made it easier for demo riders to understand how fun these kits are. You guys have nerves of steel because, even though they weren't my bikes, I was still cringing as some of those first time riders wobbled away through all those restored vintage sleds and modern sled snowmobile traffic. Ha. Glad I was the first one at the booth and out on a bike in the morning as you looked pretty busy later in the morning and in the afternoon.

Even with the poor snow conditions, I got a reasonably good feel of the new kit in the time I was out. In those conditions, the most obvious benefit were the two new outside front ski skags. On the icy rutted trail sections, they just flat grabbed when leaned over or darting in a rut. Also, the lower ride height/seat height was really noticeable and will surely benefit not only those that are concerned with seat height, but also the improved angle between the bike and kit.

Also really like the concept of the lighter weight on the front ski due with the track now being 1+" further forward. It seemed lighter on my ride but there were many variables because of the bike, snow conditions and that this was an LT. It was really a great handling machine through the big woops just off to the edge of the trail and the LT turned tighter than I expected. I thought it would take more than that compared to my ST. I didn't have to sing "give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around" (my father was a truck driver back in the day so I remember all the old trucker songs. ha) I really want to get an LT in the deep snow and also in the trees to decide if it's for me on my next kit because right now I'm really leaning that way.

All the other finer details look great (integrated gas can holder, dedicated tunnel for LT, etc.) are all great and the new double bearings (and the retrofit kits that you guys are making available) are great.

Was great fun standing around talking snowbikes with you guys and all the other interested folks; from seasoned snowbikers to those in the know but had never seen one in person (or ridden one) to those that had never even heard of them before. Great vibe and enthusiasm from everyone and fun interaction that normally only occurs, for me, on this forum since I've not really chatted with any other local snowbikers at the trail heads or gas stations because we are all usually trying to get on the trail and so just give one another a quick wave instead. Ha.

Great to see the ongoing improvements making these kits better and better every year especially a bit advancement like the all new 2015 kits. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
thanks brett

as mentioned, you're brave to let us rattle through that Fri morning ice, was good though to see how well your setup handled poor snow.

got to work shows the next couple of weekends myself, stop by, I'll return the favor and let you demo a front end loader or excavator.

Premium Features