• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

secondary clutch question

R
Jan 14, 2019
Iows
Hey guys I have a 2017 Axys 800 with about 1800 miles. I started going through the sled a couple days ago and went to check the clutches and the secondary or driven clutch is loose. Like if you pull on it it comes out or in toward the sled. I have never messed with the driven clutch much and was wondering what it could be before I take to the dealer. Thanks guys!!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
All normal. Poo floats the Team secondary on the shaft. There are specific sized washers, and a spacer, for offset alignment and for float - if you pull the secondary, don't toss or loose them, offset washers sit behind the secondary, float spacer and washers ride on the secondary attachment bolt itself. All this is completely independent of belt deflection, which is set on the secondary, set screw and locking nut. If you aren't setting belt deflection for a new belt or as a belt wears, you're missing out on an important, simple, performance adjustment. Pretty sure belt deflection is covered in the user manual - no shop manual required.

R
Jan 14, 2019
Iows
Hey thanks a ton I am replacing my belt and will be sure to set deflection. Really appreciate quick response!! I love this site!! So many people with a lot of knowledge!!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
There should also be some spacer washers on the retaining bolt which sets the outboard limit of the clutch float. Don't forget those when the bolt goes back in. (disregard, it was mentioned previously)

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
A few videos that’ll be helpful for you…

Belt deflection…

Clutch weight bushings, if you have 1800 miles on your sled these are definitely worn!

Proper clutch alignment knowledge and prep will keep everything running perfectly.

Premium Features