• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seat problems

I have a 03 1m and it has the quick detach seat and it keeps poping off. Cnat get it to latch and stay latched for some reason, has any one elase had this problem and how to fix it ???? It caused my wife to reck her sled cause it poped off and nocked her off and then hit a tree.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Check the studs that it snaps to and see if they are turned. The spring on the latch needs to seat squarely in the slot. The M sleds have a little plastic part that rotates to secure against the spring to make it unable to come out of the slot. Makes it a two step process to release the catch. Part #4606-322, They are about $3. Probably would have to order it, I don't imagine it is something a dealer would carry.

P

pano-dude

Nov 28, 2007
invermere
i had the same issue, I pulled a few staples out that hold the cover on and found the wire spring thingy was not seated in the groove of the seat base. pushed it in and bingo the wire now catches the notch on the stud on the tunnel

Premium Features