• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rusty water inside exhaust valve

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Can't find original thread on this, but while removing the exhaust valves on my 08 D8, the right side valve was full of rusty water:eek: The clutch side was fine. That previous thread said something about the water coming from headlight housing drain hole. Anyone else experience this? What's the fix? Move the drainhole or fabricate some sort of deflector to keep water from entering valve? :confused: Also, is that red Loctite on the threads of the diaphram nut? Any help is appreciated. That's what these threads are so good for - exchanging info and experiences.;)

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
I dont know where the original thread is but I just plugged the whole with superglue. Problem solved.

I WOULD NOT do this, that hole is vital to the VES opening properly, it has to displace the air some how, with that hole plugged, when the diaphragm is pushed out, it will have to "compress" the air since you created a sealed space and it might not open all the way.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I think he's talking about the headlight drain hole on the underside of the intake plenum. If not, dude, refer to post #3!

S
Nov 26, 2007
And yes, that is red Loctite. I'd make sure you use red if you have to take the nut off. Seen more than 1 rattle loose using blue.

T
What I did on my 600 and my old 800 was drill a small hole from the inside of the bottom of the cover and mark the cover "UP" to put it back on every time the right way and I also plugged the center hole. I worried about at night the water draining into the cap from engine heat and then freezing over night and either breaking the cap or rupturing the rubber diafram. what are the chances of Polaris getting the pod drain hole to line up perfectly with the exhaust valve hole. There luck is like mine:confused:Garry

B
Dec 21, 2006
SLP has a flowrite that fits over the headlight adjusting dial. This keeps the snow/water from entering. Solves the problem

Premium Features