• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Race fuel blend in M8 - Potential Problems?

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Will running a gallon or two of leaded race fuel per tank effect anything adversly? I will be running the slp pipe, and am sure I will run into some bad fuel and poor premium availibility. Is there any down side to putting in a little race gas for safety and to bring the octane up to spec? Will the lead ruin the pipe temp sensor? Will i need to drain the fuel between rides if the sled will be sitting for a few weeks? Thanks in advance.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
If you are just running the slp pipe kit, i wouldnt worry too much about it, just put 91 in and if its 90 big deal. The slp tech said to be safe you could put in an octane booster, and he recommended Lucas Octane Booster which comes in a red bottle. It is kinda pricey though, at $10 a bottle. I dont know anything about race fuel though so i dont know which is the better alternative.

W

woodies

race fuel lasts longer than gas hands down, to much octane slows you down so you decide. the sensor weeeelllll hard to say it does shorten life on o2 ones but not same thing.

Premium Features