• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK 700 Issues

B
Feb 7, 2013
Hey everyone,

I have a 98 RMK 700 and this is my 2nd season driving it. Every since I got it, i have noticed that it doesnt idle very well in warmer temps (25 degrees+). It starts with no issues and runs for a little while then the RPM's slowly decrease and it eventually dies. It drives perfectly fine and once I drive it for a while it idles normal and doesnt die. I took the carbs out this fall and cleaned them but it still doesnt seem to idle very well. I have noticed that other people can just start their machines and let them run to get them warm but a lot of the time mine wont do that. I live in bush Alaska so taking it in somewhere is not an option and I plan on selling it after next year but wasnt sure if it's something to be concerned with right now.

This was my first snowmachine purchase.

Brandon

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Once its up to temperature its fine? My 98 was cold blooded... I had to leave the choke on part way for the first minute or two when first starting it or it would die.

sled_guy

B
Feb 7, 2013
Thanks for responding!

yeah, once I ride it for a while its fine. This is why I havent been overly concerned because it drives really well after its warm. I was told by the guy who sold it to me that its very cold blooded and does not like warmer temps. This is probably what he was referring to.

Brandon

Premium Features