• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RM staytor?

D
Dec 10, 2008
I was riding my 1999 powder special 600 and lost all spark. pulled the staytor and the staytor is bad. Has anyone used the rebuild from them.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

S

seth25

Jan 9, 2008
Sedalia, CO
I used them for a Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV. I would suggest trying to find one used on Ebay before using them. The one I bought was very cheaply made. The mounting holes were off 1/4 inch and I had to drill them out to make it fit. The wires were too short to plug into the harness and I had to splice on new wires to make it reach. The wires were smaller guage than the original. Very cheap product that caused a lot of un-needed frustration.

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
They rebuilt my 99 powder special stator. Quality was ok, and it fit the sled. U send them ur old one and the put some new coils on. The shipping was kind of slow, but most everything from Canada is. If u buy it on ebay pay for it as soon as u buy it. Waited two days to pay for mine and they turned me in for non-payment. Crazy canucks. Good luck!

Sprocket

You could maybe try these guys to rebuild ur stator? http://www.ksl.com/?nid=551&ad=5520818&cat=&lpid=3

Last edited:

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I used RM on a stator for a Mod ZRT 1000. Everything worked great and lasted far longer than OE Cat stators. Was still running when I sold the sled.

D
Dec 10, 2008
They rebuilt my 99 powder special stator. Quality was ok, and it fit the sled. U send them ur old one and the put some new coils on. The shipping was kind of slow, but most everything from Canada is. If u buy it on ebay pay for it as soon as u buy it. Waited two days to pay for mine and they turned me in for non-payment. Crazy canucks. Good luck!

Sprocket

You could maybe try these guys to rebuild ur stator? http://www.ksl.com/?nid=551&ad=5520818&cat=&lpid=3

thanks I am ordering today from ksl

thanks again

ale

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
I thought Rm had awesome service.. I just sent them my M1000 STATOR, took about 5 days to go there, get fixed and come back. Starts perfect now.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
What happened to your M1000 Stator and how many miles were on it. Are these going to be an issue like T-Cats or Powder Specials were?

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
What happened to your M1000 Stator and how many miles were on it. Are these going to be an issue like T-Cats or Powder Specials were?

kinda looks so...........Cat's not promising availability till 4-20-09 and thats the last update. Everyone acts like its a new problem, but 9 weeks for a stator says something.....yep my 08 m10 sp is out......TBD.....waitin.........:mad::mad:

Premium Features