• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RK Tek Head - Installing on M7, any pointers?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Just finished intall,
Things I had to deal with.

The hose was a mofo to get back on, seems the lip is slightly bigger on the RKT head.

I could not get a socket on two of the bolts with out a kunckle, so I used a wrench and winged it on the amout of torque.

Did not have issue with O-rings other than the two outers had some nicks from the factory, so I replaced them.

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
This is a good thread, really. You guys know your stuff. Now that I'm done sucking up. Mabye you guys or some one will explain the pros and cons of cutting the stock head vs aftermarket head. Thanks, didn't mean to hijack.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
This is a good thread, really. You guys know your stuff. Now that I'm done sucking up. Mabye you guys or some one will explain the pros and cons of cutting the stock head vs aftermarket head. Thanks, didn't mean to hijack.

i've been running a stock head that was modified at RKT for over 2 seasons now and it works great. for pros and cons, i dont know really. modifying a stock head is cheaper, aftermarket heads are said to have better coolant flow and im sure the combustion chambers are probably a little more refined on the aftermarket as theres only so much you can cut on a stock head.

Premium Features